Go Bottom Go Bottom

gator problem

View my Photos
revracmn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-23          166476

DAD STUCK GATOR IN DITCH FULL OF WATER. WATER GOT SUCKED UP IN ENGINE AND LOCKED IT UP.REMOVED INTAKE, GLOW PLUGS AND INJECTORS BLEW AIR INTO ALL HOLES AND DRAINED CRANKCASE ANY IDEAS

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

gator problem

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-23          166487

First cut the caps.

So when you did all this what did you do or what happened? Your question is a little vague.

You may need to help Dad understand they really don't swim like a real Gator. :) ....

gator problem

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-10-23          166489

From your description I'm assuming the Gator was running when it went in the water, or did it sit there with the engine off while the water came over it??
You spoke of removing the intake, injectors, and glow plugs, OK, did you find water in the intake manifold or did water come from the cylinders when you blew air into the injector ot glow plug openings?
Again assuming from your post that the Gator is a diesel.
How long was the Gator in the water before you got it out?
In the water and out in a short time with the engine never running souldn't have too much messed up if water didn't get into the fuel tank.
If the engine was running when she went in the drink, I'd have a hard time believing that enough water could suck thru the air cleaner then thru the air feed to the manifold to lock an engine, I think the engine would just die from lack of air before all this could happen, not sure. Frank. ....

gator problem

View my Photos
pugwash4
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-24          166492

well i have a 08 xuv 850 when i got it i put 8 hours on it and went for a swim with it. i bent 2 connecting rods that all went through the air intake. the motor would not move at all. it only takes about 1 cup of water to stop it.that is when i wished i had the 620.gas can take water a little better ....

gator problem

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-10-25          166503

I think PUG has the right idea. Water doesn't compress AT ALL. I think you have something bent. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login