Go Bottom Go Bottom

Starter switch wires

View my Photos
karbinator
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-11-05          157693

My AMT 600 has a faulty starter switch , so I found one online. When it arrived it didn't have any numbers/alpha stamps on the prongs so i could swap the old connectors over to the new switch. Can someone help me ? Maybe tell me what colors go where ?
Here's the switch on ebay that I bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260308964096&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Starter switch wires

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-11-06          157711

Guess cause it has sold but it will display for only a couple of seconds but in that time frame it shows letter or numbers on it. Did your switch not match the picture? Contact the seller and ask for copy of the picture they posted on ebay. But if the switch was for the machine you have, does it not match it? ....

Starter switch wires

View my Photos
karbinator

2008-11-06          157714

THanks for the reply.
The ad said it was a replacement for the amt 600.
here's one like it from another seller that has identical letterings. The real problem is My switch has the G-B-M near the prongs....but no S1-S2-A.....and, I only have 5 wires...not 6. I have emailed the seller. Can you tell me what your switch has on the back?
http://cgi.ebay.com/STENS-STARTER-SWITCH-FITS-JOHN-DEERE-430-128_W0QQitemZ350118047991QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 ....

Starter switch wires

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-11-06          157724

kar, "Hardwood" here is a Gator Pro. Lets see if he does not chime in with the info you need. ....

Starter switch wires

View my Photos
karbinator

2008-11-07          157730

Thanks...
The seller emailed me, and described the color wires to which prongs. He asked if I had a plug, and I now realize there once was a plug holding all these wires in a bundle. That would have kept this confusion to a minimum.
I have a tech manual on its way, so maybe It'll have schem's for the wires.
Thanks for all your help.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login