Go Bottom Go Bottom

Adding rear suspension

View my Photos
Kawboy888
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-10          151224

I have a 1997 4x2 Gator. I want to add a rear suspension and lift it 2-4 inches. Has anyone done this?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Adding rear suspension

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-11          151249

We have a newer Gator but think rear suspension would be great. Would the engine and drive sytem move together or how would the belt tension work for the variable drive? kt ....

Adding rear suspension

View my Photos
felix776
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-18          157347

Hi Kthompson,

Which gator do you have? I heard JD have changed their design of the rear suspension on the new one? Is it true? Do you mind post some photos onto the forum?

Adding rear suspension

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-10-18          157348

The XUV has four wheel independent suspension. Only thing I don't like is the box is a few inches higher to lift things into than the conventional series. Guess it could be done to convert one to independent, but likely would cost as much as to just trade for one. Frank. ....

Adding rear suspension

View my Photos
kbarden

2011-04-13          177945

Hey Kawboy I know it's been a long time since you posted this but I have the exact same gator and would like to sone what copy your idea on the aftermarket conversion. Could you send me any more detailed pictures? Also did you ever figure out a way to lift the back end and add suspension? If so could you share? I know this is a long shot but please respond with any thing you might like to share.
Thanks,
Kyle ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login