Go Bottom Go Bottom

Replacing Brake Shoes

View my Photos
in4ni2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-20          115173

What is the secret to replace the shoes on my gator? Seems that without removing the axle the job would be very difficult. Any suggestions??

Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Replacing Brake Shoes

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-20          115175

You need to watch for the teeth and the claws.

Sorry I have not worked on a gator before but could not resist. It reminds me of the joke.

An Army Ranger was on holiday in the depths of Louisiana, where he tried to buy some Alligator shoes. However he was not prepared to pay the high prices, and after having failed to haggle the vendor down to a reasonable price level, ended up shouting "I don't give two hoots for your shoes, man, I'll go and kill my own croc!" To which the shopkeeper replied, "by all means, just watch out for the two Marines who were doing the same!"

So the man went out into the Bayou, and after a while saw two men with spears, standing still in the water. "They must be the two Marines," he thought.

Just at that point he noticed an alligator moving in the water towards one of them. The Marine stood completely passive, even as the gator came ever closer. Just as the beast was about to swallow the lad, the Marine struck home with his spear and wrestled the gator up onto the beach,
where several already lay.

Together the two Marines threw the gator onto its back, where-upon one exclaimed "Darnn! This one doesn't have any shoes either!"

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login