Go Bottom Go Bottom

1445 mower problems

View my Photos
powerlineman411
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-07          127344

First of all...what a great website!
I have a jd 1445 front mount mower that has an electrical issue. While mowing, the deck will disengauge randomly. After paying a little more attention I noticed that the temperature light would flash thus shutting the deck off. It does not matter if the engine is cold or warm....it is definitly not overheated. I can actually make the temp light strobe by accelerating rapidly forward or backward. A JD tractor mechanic-friend had me jumper out a relay to keep the deck running which is not a permanent solution to the problem. I can mash the forward petal from a dead stop and the overtemp light will come on for a second or two. Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

1445 mower problems

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-11          127530

Often times the simplist things can cause problems. The problem you have sounds like it might be a loose wire. It could be in a connector that has not shown till now. It could be a weak ground that gets weaker with the mass movement. Anyway you look at it it will be tough to find till it stops completely and then be chased. I wasn't aware that they built a shut off switch for the PTO into the engine temp circuit. That's nice if you do have an over heating problem with them. ....

1445 mower problems

View my Photos
edhyde32

2010-06-24          171806

my jd is is doing same thing .Which relay did you jump out i need to know . ....

1445 mower problems

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-24          171812

This was just over four years back and the only time the orginal poster posted.

Maybe some of the JD people will help you out. ....

1445 mower problems

View my Photos
Johndeer1435

2018-01-20          197424

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlineman411 | view 127344
First of all...what a great website!I have a jd 1445 front mount mower that has an electrical issue.While mowing, the deck will disengauge randomly.Af ...
hi, did you guys ever figure out why your 1435 was cutting out. I have the same issue. ....

1445 mower problems

View my Photos
safari

2018-04-30          197721

I have the same question you did. Did you ever figure out what was causing the overheat light to come on and turn off the mower deck? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login