Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farm Pro 2425

View my Photos
Sherman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-15          88597

If I could do it over, I'd buy a used tractor. My Farmpro 2425 is 6 months old and only 59 hours of operation. It's been a nightmare since the first hour I had it. Hydraulic fitting leaks, clutches have been replaced, two pumps replaced and I still have diesel getting in my oil. When it runs, it is great! Problem is keeping it running!!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Farm Pro 2425

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-16          88657

Before I offer any advice (or sympathy) I must know if you bought this from a dealer - or imported/assembled it yourself?

//greg// ....

Farm Pro 2425

View my Photos
Travis_R

2004-08-20          93982

Sherman,

What is the update on your tractor now?

I have a buddy that has a Farm Pro 2425 (NO Front End Loader) and he has had problems with his, but not anything near a "nightmare". His fittings leak a little, the fuel guage don't work (stuck on half a tank), the power steering works but the wheel keeps spinning (you know you can only turn the wheel all the way in one direction and it is SUPPOSED to stop, but his doesn't), and some more "minor" things. To really be honest with you, I can't believe that the tractor is still running. He has put that thing through hell and back. He ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT DO ANY MAINTENANCE to the machine. I was the ONLY one who ever washed it, and it has 70 hours on it. It was plum filthy. Mud, sticks, grass, - you name it, it was probably on it.
I passed by his house the other day and it was WORSE than it has ever been. I have NEVER seen that much mud on a tractor before. It actually p*s*e* me off because of all the time I spent cleaning it after I used it.

Now, this don't solve your problem at all. He hasn't got diesel in his oil, or, the clutch hasn't went out. If I were you, I wouldn't buy another one either. I'd be furious too.

BUT, just because yours is tore up, don't make them ALL no good. I have heard a few VERY bad things going wrong with the Farm Pro 2425 like engines and major componets like that. But, I HAVE HEARD MORE GOOD THINGS ABOUT FARM PRO THAN I HAVE HEARD BAD. That is no opinion cause thats what the owners of Farm Pros have told me.
Do I own a tractor? NO, but hopefully real soon i'll be able to buy a tractor. I am NOT saying that I will buy a Farm Pro. It all depends on how much money i'll get-i'll leave it at that. Would I BUY a Farm Pro? Damn right I will. But like I said, it depends on the money.

Now don't get me wrong. I would NOT buy the Farm Pro 2430. I have heard quite a few major things go wrong with that model. Besides, I think they are priced too high anyway (my opinion).

I also like the "gray market" Yanmars (Japanese). That is what I am having trouble with deciding now. You have probably saw my post "Japanese or Chinese". I think the Japanese Yanmar YM2000 24hp 2wd tractor is probably a better quality machine, BUT, it is also 30 YEARS OLD.

But all in all, I would buy a Farm Pro. I think you have had a bad experience and like I said- If I were you, I wouldn't buy another one either. But just keep in mind- One bad one don't make them all bad.

Hope everything goes well for you,

Travis R ....

Farm Pro 2425

View my Photos
geaux tigers

2004-08-21          94002

Like greg said, Do you have a local dealer? If so, is the warranty up? Have you had it repaired or are you doing it yourself. If they did not fix the problem, then you may be able to bring it back to them. Is the warranty parts and labor or just parts? Do any of you mechanics know what he should check on first? Good Luck!!!

Garon
Hill's Equipment Sales
Livingston, La
New Lenar Tractors, Used Tractors, Parts, Implements ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login