Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma 224 having fuel injection problems

View my Photos
Higgi52
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-05-12          192768

so my neighbor asked me to fix his Jinma 224.
He made the mistake of running biodiesel fuel only for the last 100 hours of the tractors life. Was running fine but started to run rough when it was cold. Ran fine when warm. He mowed his pasture then turned it off and now it won't start. I took off the 3 hard lines from the top of the injection pump and cranked and fuel barely gurgled out. Right below I took what I think is a bleeder screw (not the plunger) and cranked it and fuel squirts out with a solid stream. No bubbles. What's going on an how do I fix it? Is it just gummed up???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Cyrus55
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-05-13          192770

Based on other people's experience using Bio Diesel, it has cleansing properties that make it problematic for the first couple tanks. It will clean all the crude from the tank and put it in the filter and plug it up. Recommend new filters, and see if that doesn't do it. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-05-14          192776

And double up on injector cleaning fuel additive as well. Good chance some of that crud has made its way to the injector tips as well.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login