Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farmpro Tractor proper direction of clutch plates

View my Photos
rogerjdundee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-12          183858

In replacing both clutches,which way do they mount on the shaft,one side of the clutch plates, in the middle protrudes out about an inch more on one side than the other side where it slides on spline

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-12          183863

Roger, I tried adding this 2nd diagram to your last thread - then forgot about it. Since it's still applicable, this one may help as well. The reason it should have been included in the previous thread is because it shows the TOB and carrier and associated stuff that is actually sticking out of the mid-connect housing. That's probably some of the stuff you pulled out with the rope.
Roger, I tried adding this 2nd diagram to your last thread - then forgot about it. Since it's still applicable, this one may help as well. The reason it should have been included in the previous thread is because it shows the TOB and carrier and associated stuff that is actually sticking out of the mid-connect housing. That's probably some of the stuff you pulled out with the rope.<br>
[p]http://johnstractor.homestead.com/files/DualClutch.jpg[/p]<br>
<br>
I have another diagram showing that shows the longer side of the disc splines faces rearward. But unfortunately this site only allows links, not uploads. There's also a stack height adjustment procedure you need to follow as part of the clutchpack re-assembly. If you don't already have it, let me know.<br>
<br>
//greg//<br>

I have another diagram showing that shows the longer side of the disc splines faces rearward. But unfortunately this site only allows links, not uploads. There's also a stack height adjustment procedure you need to follow as part of the clutchpack re-assembly. If you don't already have it, let me know.

//greg//

View my Photos
rogerjdundee

2012-06-12          183866

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 183863
Roger, I tried adding this 2nd diagram to your last thread - then forgot about it. Since it's still applicable, this one may help as well. The reason it should have been included in the previous thread is because it shows the TOB and carrier and associated stuff that is actually sticking out of the mid-connect housing. That's probably some of the stuff you pulled out with the rope.[QUOTE=greg_g;183863] Roger, I tried adding this 2nd diagram to your last thread - then forgot about it. Since it's still applicable, this one may help as well. The reason it should have been included in the previous thread is because it shows the TOB and carrier and associated stuff that is actually sticking out of the mid-connect housing. That's probably some of the stuff you pulled out with the rope.[p]http://johnstractor.homestead.com/files/DualClutch.jpg[/p]I have another diagram showing that shows the longer side of the disc splines faces rearward. But unfortunately this site only allows links, not uploads. There's also a stack height adjustment procedure you need to follow as part of the clutchpack re-assembly. If you don't already have it, let me know.//greg// </div>

</td>
	</tr>
	</table>
	</td></tr></table>

maybe it doesnt matter which way they are pointing,cant tell in pics,which way is rearward like you were talking about ....<br></span>
<br><a class=Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-12          183868

Oh yeah, it matters. If it didn't, each half spline would be the same size. I found the Jinma diagram that I'd uploaded to another site, but this site won't permit it to be displayed here either. Some crap about advertising. Please trust me when I say that the longer of the two spline halves on both discs face rearward.

If you want definitive proof, provide to me your email address via site PM. I'll reply to your email address with the diagram.

//greg//

View my Photos
farmerben8

2014-03-18          189623

ok, just to make absolute certain. by rear facing you literally mean facing the rear end of the tractor, or facing the clutch pack, trans, etc. Im about to put mine together and believe Ive got it on backwards. I thought it made sense to have that longer spline shaft facing the pilot bearing, but i guess not. Dont remember what direction it faced when i pulled it... ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2014-03-20          189652

Rearward means just that. The longer half faces the back of the tractor. And since we're talking about the PTO disc, rearward means it necessarily faces the clutchpack as well.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login