Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
sparky985
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-07-12          179370

ok... I'm new to diesel engines. Have an old Jin Ma-180 TY290 tractor. I'm not getting any fuel through the fuel pump. I have all the operations manuals for the engine and the parts books, but can't read chinese. Anybody have any suggestions how to and where to start trouble shooting? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-12          179372

If it has a hand primer, that's used only to get fuel as far as TO the injection pump. That's the low pressure side. Loosen the IP end of the flexible line connecting the fuel filter and the IP. Pump the hand primer until fuel comes out, tighten back down. If there's no hand primer, crank the engine to push fuel that far. Once fuel starts running out of the low pressure hose, tighten it back down. Now you've got to get that fuel through the IP and up to the injectors. The hand primer can't do that. First check/correct the pump oil level as necessary. Then at the top of each steel line, loosen the hex collars where they attach to the injector bodies. Crank the engine, watch the loosened hex collars. You'll see bubbles first. When the bubbles turn to raw fuel, tighten the collars back down. Your engine should start now.

If this procedure doesn't get fuel TO the injectors, you've got an IP problem.

//greg// ....

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
sparky985

2011-07-12          179377

thanks, I'll give it a try when i can and let you know... appreciate the fast response. ....

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
sparky985

2011-07-13          179385

I cant figure out how to check the IP oil level. Hard to find an exploded view of the pump. ....

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-13          179392

I've never seen an exploded view either. But most of the inline pumps have a similar configuration. Typically the oil goes into the top of the governor housing. Often the fill point looks like a mushroom. It's a fill/vent, and can be removed with an open end wrench. Sometimes there's a dipstick, sometimes just a side drain. All should have a bottom drain. If it's the side drain type, you remove that plug - and fill through the top until it starts running out the side. Same way as adding gear oil to the rear differential on your car or truck.

If you don't know the maintenance history of this tractor, I strongly suggest you drain it completely, and refill with fresh. You can use either the same 15W40 you use for the engine, or compressor oil (30W or ISO100)

//greg// ....

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
sparky985

2011-07-14          179400

thanks again... ill let you know what the verdict is as soon as I know. ....

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
sparky985

2011-09-14          180349

how far do I fill it? I did find the screw on the side, but not sure how much to use. ....

Jin Ma-180 TY290

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-09-14          180350

Same principle as adding gear oil to the rear diff on a car; add oil until it runs out, replace plug. Only in this case, you add at the top till it runs out the side, then replace BOTH plugs.

But since you don't know the history of this tractor, I'd recommend draining it all out and starting over with fresh.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login