Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma 200 Rear Lift Cylinder Repair

View my Photos
timfields
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-01          173618

The lift cylinder cap part # 160.55.126 has cracked down the middle. I have ordered a new part but am confused about how part # 160.55.102 Cylinder and the cap are matted together. Any advice or instructions for replacing the Cylinder cap would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bogman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-02          173667

Hello Tim, hang on awhile longer, there's some guys that come on here that will be able to help you out. Is that thing on an attachment? ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-02          173670

Never had mine out, but I've always assumed it was a friction fit. Is there a chance that your split cap has caused the cylinder to go out of round, thereby hindering the friction fit?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
timfields

2010-09-03          173676

I have not taken it apart yet. I will this weekend.
Only the face of the cylinder cap was cracked. A hair line crack between top where spool valve screws in and 3/4 of the way down. Looking at the new part this is the thinnest portion of the casting. The cap does not appear to bulged or bowed out. I am hopeful that the cylinder itself is in tact. The diagram does not show how the two are held together, if it is just a press fit with a O-ring great but that does not seem to make sense to me, given the other end of the cylinder has nothing to hold it. ....

View my Photos
timfields

2010-09-03          173677

I will make sure I take some pictures during the procedure and post for others.

Thank you for your input. ....

View my Photos
timfields

2010-09-03          173679

No it is part of the lift box cylinder.
I have added a parts diagram in my photos showing the part and where it is cracked.

Thank You ....

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac Jinma 200 Rear Lift Cylinder Repair

View my Photos
bogman

2010-09-03          173686

OK Tim, I'm with you now. I knew I'd seen that cap somewhere on my tractor. :-)

I don't know where you are getting your new cap from, but I remember reading the following in another thread. This guy is obviously a dealer, but he seems to know how to fix stuff and is willing to help you do it.

"Do as Greg has suggested ,if you have no fuel coming out of the pump you will have to replace it.We have the pumps in stock,while they are not hard to replace,timing is alot more sensitive and we can walk you thru that.Let us know how it goes

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

Link: WEBSITE "

P.S. I'm not pushing his store. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-09-03          173688

Tim-

Bogman may have the best of intentions, but I advise you should ignore his last post. There's absolutely no relationship whatsoever between the hydraulic system and the fuel system. Bog hasn't been around long either, so it's likely an innocent mistake. What he's really referring to is a couple of Chinese tractor dealers that treat these self-help sites like extensions of their parts departments.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bogman

2010-09-03          173690

Hi Greg, yep I do know the difference between the fuel and hydraulic systems. What I was getting at, was that if Tim couldn't get any help here on the forum from anybody. Then he might get some direction from the guy at the parts store.

Sorry if I stepped on some toes by making that suggestion.

edited to include the following;

"
But we've veered way the hell off the mark here. A owner of a Chinese tractor Googles for help, and finds a Chinese tractor forum on TP. Three of them actually. So he asks for help, and gets a few responses. What I don't get is the oft-seen response here - and from a guy that apparently has no Chinese tractor experience to begin with - is a referral another forum. I once again refer to my Chevy guy at a Ford dealer example earlier. Now if there's a problem presented that exceeds the capability of our membership to satisfactorily resolve - by all means provide referrals.
"

Man, the above quoted paragraph above, especially the last sentence, that I just read, couldn't have said what I was trying to convey any better.

Who was that mysterious masked poster?

View my Photos
timfields

2010-09-08          173847

Sorry for the late response and I did not get any pictures battery was dead and I was on a time table.
The short story is the two parts (cylinder and cylinder cap) are press fit with a large o-ring. The cylinder has a small lip or flange on the outside that when coupled with the cap are sealed against the lift case. the cap and cylinder are easily separated with a rubber mallet. New part fit perfectly and everything is back to normal.
Thank you both. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login