Go Bottom Go Bottom

How to check power steering fluid

View my Photos
TerryA
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-14          169202

I have just purchased a used King Jinma 254, 2004 model, and not sure where to check the power steering fluid and the hydraulic fluid? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full of questions here, but would also love to know how to adjust clutch. YOu have to let the clutch all the way out before it engages.

thanks, Terry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-14          169207

It's a one-pump system, to include the hydrostatic steering. The hydraulic fluid sump is under the operator seat, the fill/vent is located behind the seat. There should be a dipstick attached to the plug. If there's only one hash mark on it, that's the FULL mark. When the stick comes out dry, add AW32 hydraulic fluid.

The clutch is a two-stage. The first half of the travel (upward) engages the PTO. The second half of the travel engages the transmission. The opposite happens when you depress the clutch. The first half of travel (downward) stops the tractor, the second half stops the PTO.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
TerryA

2010-03-14          169211

Thanks Greg. Great info. I am headed out to see what I can do with it. Will let you know. Terry ....

View my Photos
TerryA

2010-03-14          169215

I went and checked the fluid and wasn't sure whether to have the tractor running and checked it off. It seemed to be waaaay full.

I have another question for you: When you start to pick something up like a disk it just drifts back down and want hold it where you set it. Does that make sense? IF so, what would you suggest doing about this?

Thanks, Terry ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-14          169216

Always check hydraulic fluid level with engine off and all hydraulics relaxed. Front loader bucket uncurled and lowered to the ground, rear lift all the way down, steering centered, et cetera. If it's still over-full, the drain plug is on the back side near the PTO output shaft. Don't remember the exact location, but I'd start looking above and to the left.

If the rear lift drops on it's own accord, the most common reason is that you need a new O-ring and wiper(s) on the lift cylinder (inside the sump box). Not a difficult or expensive job - just messy

//greg// ....

View my Photos
TerryA

2010-03-14          169217

Thanks Greg. That will be my next project. Now where is the sump box, lol.

Do you have any idea where I can get an owner's manual to this model tractor? Even if I could get a pdf version would be great. Thanks, Terry ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-03-14          169225

As I mentioned above, the sump is the box under the seat. Most common method of changing seals is to drain the box, remove the seat, then the sump cover plate. One brave soul said he was successful performing the repair from the back. But it's not something I'd recommend to first timers.

There are two operation/maintenance manuals; one for the engine, one for the tractor. Two parts manuals too. I'd recommend all four - and they should be available through any Jinma dealer. If anybody's done them up in PDF, it was probably for personal use only. I've never encountered any posted as available for download.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
TerryA

2010-03-15          169244

Thanks Greg.

This info. really helps. I have found a Jinma dealer in Houston, Tx. that I will try to get a manual from.

I will let you know how I come out on the lift problem.

Terry ....

View my Photos
richwaugh

2010-03-16          169274

I recommend you contact Tommy or Jerry at Affordable Tractor Sales in Bellville, TX for parts and advice. Great people to do business with and they should have any manuals and parts you need.

Rich ....

Link:   Affordable Tractor

View my Photos
TerryA

2010-03-18          169333

Thanks Rich. I will check with them. Terry ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login