Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
cowgirl
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-19          166956

we just replaced the valve in the front box of the hydralics as it wouldnt lift up. it worked fine and now it wont lift up again. i am wondering if the gear in the back cylinder could b e stripped as iwhen i lift the lever it does not feel like it has any pressure on it . it just feels like it is slipping.what do you suggest is the problem we have parts manuals but not how to fix manuals.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-20          166958

If you're talking about the knob between your shins (when sitting on the operator seat), that's the flow control valve and is unrelated to lift. Instead, it regulates the flow of hydraulic fluid returning to the sump. That valve controls how fast the rear lift goes down - not up.

It would also help to know what kind of tractor you're talking about. Because if it's got a PTO pump, you may simply have inadvertently kicked the engage/disengage lever into the wrong position. It may also help me understand what this "gear in the back cylinder" thing is that you mention.

//greg// ....

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
cowgirl

2009-11-20          166961

IT IS A MODEL Y380T I AM TALKING ABOUT THE LEVER THAT SITS ON THE RIGHT WHERE YOU SIT. THERE IS TWO BOLTS IN THE BOX THAT HAS FLUID IN THEM WE JUST REPLACED THE VALVE IN THE FRONT OF THAT VALVE BOX THAT HAS A BOLT WITH A STEM ATTACHED WITH HILES IN THE BOTTOM OF IT THAT SITS ON A SPRING ON TOP OF A POINTY THING LIKE SEAT I GUESS. NOW BEHIND THAT IS A HANDLE THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE SAME VALVE BOX THAT IS WHAT YOU LIFT THE 3POINT SYSTEM UP WITH. IT SEEMS VERY LOOSE AND DOES NOT DO ANY THING BEFORE IT FELT LIKE WHEN YOU WOULD PULL UP ON THE HANDLE THEIR WOULD BE PRESSURE NOW IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING ....

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-20          166962

Y380T is the engine type. Doesn't tell me what kind of tractor. I'm going to guess 20 or 22 hp Jinma. If yes, then disregard what I said about the PTO pump. That kind of tractor doesn't have one.

But I am not doing very good at understanding your description. Take a look at the photo below. Tell us if that's what you're talking about. If yes, then perhaps it can help you determine if maybe you put it on wrong - or without all the pieces.

//greg// ....

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac 3 point wont lift

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
cowgirl

2009-11-20          166972

THE PART WE REPLACED WAS #1 #28 IS THE HANDLE THAT LIFTS THE LOADER UP IN THE BACK. THAT IS THE PART THAT DOESNT SEEM TO BE WORKING RIGHT AS IT FEELS LIKE THEIR IS NO PRESSURE. USUALLY WHEN YOU PULL IT UP IT LIFTS THE FORKS UP .IT DOES NOT DO ANY THING . WE HAVE THE SAME PICTURE IN OR MANUAL WE ARE WONDERING IF WE WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE VALVE. APPARENTLY WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY PRESSURE OR IT WOULD LIFT THE BALES OF HAY . IT WONT EVEN LIFT THE FORK BY ITS SELF. WE CHECKED THE OIL AND THAT IS FULL. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WE WILL HAVE TO DO TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM? ....

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-11-20          166976

There's a definite communications gap here, cuz part #1 isn't a valve. It's little more than a glorified plug. The actual valve in that particular sequence is #5. But if any of the pieces numbered 1 through 7 were reinstalled out of order, it could be your problem.

Have you actually confirmed that your pump is pumping? Is your power steering working? The pump has a tang drive that's notorious for stripping. Specifically, the pump shaft has a rectangular end (tang) that fits into a rectangular slot in the pump drive. One or the other - sometimes both - slip enough to round the edges off, and what was a rectangular drive becomes a useless circle. The photo is of a stripped pump drive. The rounded-off edges no longer grip the rectangular tang on the end of the pump shaft. When the pump don't turn, the lift don't lift.

//greg// ....

Picture Link
Jinma Farmpro Agracat Nortrac 3 point wont lift

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
cowgirl

2009-11-21          166977

SO DO YOU THINK THAT WE SHOULD REPLACE THE WHOLE VALVE WHICH YOU SENT THE PICTURES OF. WE REPLACED THE PART THE PLUG AS YOU CALLED IT WHEN WE FIRST HAD THE PROBLEM AND THEN IT WORKED OK AND THEN IT JUST QUIT WORKING AGAIN WE LOADED ONE BALE WITH IT AND THEN THE ARM THAT YOU PULL TO LIFT IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING. SO DO YOU THINK THAT THE VALVE JUST GAVE OUT AND IS NOT PUMPING SO IT CANT BUILD PRESSURE TO LIFT.I LOOKED UP THE VALVE AND IT RUNS ABOUT 100.00 DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT TO YOU. I DONT WANT TO ORDER IT IF THAT IS NOT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. IS THAT VALVE THE ONLY THING THAT CONTROLS THE 3POINT LIFT? BY THE WAY OUR NAME ON THE TRACTOR IS AN EAGLE 2420OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT OR JINMA 240 ....

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-11-21          166979

Before you spend a penny, make sure your pump is working. The proper way is to put a hydraulic pressure gauge on the pump output. Short of that, you can do a visual inspection. That means releasing the QD connector (on the short hose) and unscrewing the 3 bolts that hold the pump to the drive housing. Then take a look at both the pump drive tang and the pump drive receiver. If one or both appear damaged, try to rotate the pump by hand. It may be frozen. If in doubt, take it to a hydraulic shop.

As to the valve question, what parts you buy are up to you. Putting them together correctly is the hard part. I'm not trained in hydraulics, which means repairing a high pressure device by myself is a potentially dangerous proposition. So personally, I'd replace the whole thing. That also has the advantage of being able to keep any old parts that are still good - for future spares.

//greg// ....

3 point wont lift

View my Photos
affordable

2009-11-24          167009

Does your tractor have power steering ? Is the steering working ok ? If it is the hydraulic pump is working,it could be a couple of different things causing your problems,the lift valve or the piston in the lift box.I have a feeling it's your valve if your power steering is working.You can give us a call 979-865-4002 and we will try to help you solve this problem

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore" ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login