Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farm Pro 2420 torque specs

View my Photos
bigcountry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-30          163752

Time to finally fix my little 2420. It's been languishing around for longer than I'd care to admit. Fairly certain it's the head gasket. Got water in oil. Found out I had leak somewhere behind the thermostat that pushed most of the water out. Also found out that the trusty temp guage wasn't guaging much at all, so I ran it. didn't really push it hard, but did notice white smoke when I shut it down. Ran fine when I parked it, drained the oil and it had that milky gray color to it. It hadn't been that way long, I hadn't been a few weeks changed the oil and filter and it was fine then, so I hope I didn't do much damage. I have the manuals for it. The drawings and parts lists are pretty self explanatory, however they do leave something to be desired. I have the ones in Chinese too, but I can't quite translate them. Problem is I can't find any torque specs for when I put the motor back together. Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-01          163754

The torque specs in the manuals are metric anyway, you'd probably have to convert them. I'm on the road now with my laptop, my books are at home. But if you don't get the torque and the headbolt sequence by then, I'll look them up. You should adjust valve lash and decompression while the valve cover is off as well.

JMParts and Homier prices are pretty representative. Overall, most of the dealers price their parts reasonably close. You might find an item or two cheaper at one dealer or another, but in the long run - just pick one you have good luck with, and stick with him. Check the dealer section of this and other Chinese tractor forums for contact info

//greg// ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-04          163790

Ok, back home now. Before I dig out the specs, I need to confirm that yours has the YangDong Y380 engine.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bigcountry

2009-07-12          163989

Sorry, been at the hospital with my wife for a bit. But, my engine is a TY290. It's a 2cyl. ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-07-12          163994

Ah, then I'm afraid I can't help. The specs I have are for the Y80 and Y85 engines. Best I can do is suggest you get the engine manual from Homier. Click on the link below. ....

Link:   FarmPro manuals

View my Photos
woodywood143

2010-07-07          172140

I had the same problem with mine. try this link http://johnsjinma.com/JMretorque.html it give the tourge for the cylender heads hope thats what you were looking for. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login