Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma 204 PTO problem

View my Photos
JGuinn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-04-27          162356

I was useing my PTO and all was working ok I park the tractor took the PTO out of gear. The next time I used the tractor the pto would not engage even though the the lever moved without a problem in either speed. All other hydro works ok. Any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma 204 PTO problem

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-27          162363

Pretty sure the lever is fixed to the linkage with a roll pin. They've been known to snap, giving a false impression that the lever is moving between speeds properly, when it's actually just spinning on the linkage. The actual linkage may be stuck in the "neutral" position.

//greg// ....

Jinma 204 PTO problem

View my Photos
JGuinn

2009-04-28          162366

Thank you for your responce, do you know where one would get the best access to the linkage and roll pin. ....

Jinma 204 PTO problem

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-28          162369

The roll pin is external. Follow the 540/1000 lever to its base. There you'll see where it attaches to a horizontal shaft that goes inside the differential housing. The lever is affixed to that shaft with a 5mmx25mm roll pin. But except for that exposed portion of shaft, the rest of the linkage is internal. Let's not go there yet, as it involves taking off the seat and the hydraulic sump to get at it.

Also check the ENG/DIE lever, and make sure it didn't pop up into the DIE position. The 540/1000 select lever only works when the ENG/DIE lever is in the ENG position.

Word of caution; the linkage is under spring tension. Take care not to let go of the part of the shaft that extends outside the housing. Doing so puts you at risk of getting the shaft pulled inside. Then you'll have to choice but to start tearing things apart.

//greg// ....

Jinma 204 PTO problem

View my Photos
JGuinn

2009-04-28          162376

Following your instructions I watched the shaft as I moved the speed control forward and back with the tractor not running. I need to load some haqy so I started the tractor with the PTO engaged. It worked so It sounds like you hit the nail on the head. the roll pin was the problem. Thank you for all your help.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login