Go Bottom Go Bottom

AGRACAT 2710 HYD STEERING

View my Photos
DTUCKER90
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-02          125450

Just purchased a "NEW" 2003 model 2710 20hp with known hyd problems.

Here it goes----3pt lifts only when rpm above 1100 (good and strong otherwise) and I can live with that.

What I cant live with is as follows -- The steering is impossible - to get the little guy to steer, it takes a good full revolution to get any action to the steering cyl (thats agressive steering wheel action) ---- slow steering wheel action produces no movement of the steering cyl.

While driving, the thing is alllll over the road (I know that all tractors drift), but this thing is impossible with the steering the way it is.

I have changed out steering pumps and checked out the priority valve with no help.

ANYBODY - PLEASE?????????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-02          125452

I believe that tractor has two pumps and often one is used to charge the other one. Have you had the hitch pump checked for output? Is the filter on the suction side of the pumps? ....

View my Photos
DTUCKER90

2006-03-02          125453

Thankd for the reply --
The lift and steering is actuated by a single hyd pump that is mounted on the RH side of the engine (suction) from the transmission sump... the hitch is completely workable. The steering is my only gripe. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-02          125461

I haven't seen to many tractors that can't lift the three point at an idle. Being the same pump I'd say the problem might be in the hand pump below the steering wheel. ....

View my Photos
DTUCKER90

2006-03-03          125463

Changed the hand pump out with a new one this morning... no help.

have also had all of the valves out -- all clean and smooth as silk.
you think that maybe the steering cyl could be bypassing??? ....

View my Photos
affordable

2006-03-03          125465

It could be bypassing in the steering cylinder,we have a re build kit or a replacment steering cylinder, from the pic's you sent me it looks like you have a Y380 engine single pump,with a 300 series Jinma lift box. This is a newer version of the Agracat when they were trying to get away from Jinma.We have a lift box on our Jinmas thats real similier to what you have,the rest of the set up is close to the 200 series Jinmas.I think that the problem is either in the diverter valve or the cylinder

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales ....

Link:   Webpage

View my Photos
DTUCKER90

2006-03-10          125934

Newest findings..... I removed the top of the lift box and wow - lots and lots of foam. I motored (without fuel) to see that the return is also very foamy.

I put about three and a half hours on the tractor this week mowing -- my only complaint now is (the hitch being slow and having to run high rpm to move it up - and the hyd position lever for the hitch only has about a 1/2 inch of actuating area ---- either up or down and no inbetween positioning) ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2006-03-11          125936

Could mean you
1. are using something other than hydraulic fluid, or
2. are not using the correct hydraulic fluid, or
3. have used some kind of aftermarket "performance" additive.
For your location, I recommend non-foaming AW-32. It's available in most farm and auto supply stores in 5 gallon pails. Last one I got came from NAPA. Remember, non-foaming.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2006-03-11          125937

Do you have draft and position (two handles) or just the single handle. Most 200 series Jinmas only have up and down valve control, but Agracat did use teh 300 series lift box on later models, even 25hp size. This also picks up hyd oil from the bottom of the resevoir. Sounds like you are sucking air somewhere. I have seen the fitting that bolts on the pump and connects to the suction line actually be pourous. Usuallyl this will cause the oil to foam and overflow the vent on the lift box after a few minutes of running. had this twice in 3 years out of many dozens of tractors we have handled. Carefully check all connections, Orings, etc. The leak can be small enough that oil will not leak out, only air in.Any connection between the resevoir and the pump is suspect. A mixture of hyd oil and air gives lousy performance as the air must compress before the hydraulics respond... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login