Go Bottom Go Bottom

Dextron II

View my Photos
pmp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-08          120702

I have been told to mix dextron II transmission fluid 2ozs to 5gallons of desiel in order to keep the injectors from drying out. The fuel does not contain lubricants any more. Any Ideas

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Dextron II

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-08          120706

Not a very good idea and a waste of Dextron II. If you want to add a lubricating fuel additive, try addind some type of diesel fuel additive made specifically for that application. Standadyne Performance Formula is a good all around additive that pretty much covers all the bases. I use Lucas fuel additive for lubrication and buy the Power Service for the fuel treatment. Dextron II is not designed for use in a diesel as a fuel or additive and its burn properities are more than likely not to the well being of the engine. Another VERY good fuel additive that has great lubrication properties is "biodiesel" aka SME (soy methyl ester. It can be burn straight or mixed as little as 5% and it will make a noticable improvement to the lubricity of the fuel. Most pump diesel fuel comes with the anti-icing and other required additives already in it. I use the Power Service to boost the Cetane value and the Lucas for extra lubrication. I picked up to gallons of Valvoline Pyroil Diesel Fuel additive that I am going to try in the future. Cost me about $8 at TSC. ....

Dextron II

View my Photos
pmp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-08          120708

good advise I will try those products I guess Wal-Mart will have them. liked your pics you have a nice place thank for the info. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login