Go Bottom Go Bottom

Injector issue

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-16          111130

Tractor type: Agracat 2920 (Jinma 254) contact kalpia _ hotmail.com

Let me start with the problem: I have fuel dripping from the overflow or breather of the injector housing.
The question: Is the entire Injector bad or a bad (seal/gasket between the injector) delivery pump? I've talked with Chip and he has either available but I don't want to buy the entire injector if I only need the delivery pump.

The tractor runs good and this doesn't effect its operation, it's annoying and I want to get it fixed. Thanks to all expecially Chip and Harry G.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Injector issue

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-17          111157

It may not affect the running of the tractor, but mixing fuel with the pump lube oil will eventually be fatal. If this has been going on for quite a while, you may as well replace the pump. If it started only recently, you MIGHT be able to fix it with a gasket or seal

//greg// ....

Injector issue

View my Photos
kalpia

2005-05-17          111182

Are you saying replace the delivery pump or the entire injector? I would like to just replace the delivery pump due to cost reasons and the work involved in replacing an entire injector.

Is there a gasket or membrane behind the delivery pump that I should get also or is that all part of the delivery pump?

Thanks ....

Injector issue

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-17          111191

Well, one of the dealers can correct me if I'm wrong here. But I'm under the assumption that the fuel delivery system (combination fuel pump/injection pump) is sold as a complete assembly; Jinma part number Y380-10100. One would hope the take-offs are returned for rebuilding.

I said that, because that vent is for the pump lube oil reservior. If oil is coming out, no problem - it's just overfilled. If fuel is coming out of there, it means your pump lube system is compromised. Might be a little wear, might be a lot. No way to tell from what's been stated to this point.

//greg//

Injector issue

View my Photos
kalpia

2005-05-17          111197

This may or may not mean anything, keep in mind that I'm dumber than a box of rocks in this area. My nephew, who is a diesel mechanic, thought that the delivery pump might be leaking in the area where the cam and the delivery pump meet allowing the fuel and oil in the injector to mix. Also keep in mind that he HASN'T ever worked on an Agracat. Chip has a delivery pump and/or the entire injector that I can get. I don't understand all of the mechanics of the thing but it seems like the injector body provides a housing for the timing gear to contact the delivery pump cam gear (and lube oil, etc.) which pumps the fuel to the pistons via the delivery pump which is outside of the injector housing. The theory here being there must be a breach between the pump and the housing that is letting the fuel into the injector body. If this breach is a gasket, membrane, or piston in the delivery pump then a pump should fix it. But, if it's a "bad" injector then that will have to be replaced. Cost difference is about $275, hence all the questions. Is it your opinion that I should just bite the bullet and get the complete injector? Thanks for all your help. ....

Injector issue

View my Photos
greg_g

2005-05-17          111198

You're asking me to second guess a problem that I am only able to evaluate from what's thus been written. Can't be done, sorry. But if you can afford some downtime, just pull the whole assembly and let your nephew examine it on the bench.

As previously stated, the primer pump/fuel pump/injection pump comprise the common assembly. Gravity feeds the fuel pump, bleeding is performed as required by the hand (primer) pump. The fuel pump then delivers via the flexible lines to the injection pump. The injection pump delivers pressurized fuel up the hardlines to the individual fuel injectors. The delivery pressure is timed to trip fuel release springs in the injectors - releasing the atomized diesel fuel into each pre-combustion chamber in firing order.

//greg// ....

Injector issue

View my Photos
kalpia

2005-05-18          111213

Thanks Greg, I think I'll have to suck it up and replace the entire injector. I don't want to spend the time doing the delivery pump on the off chance that it will fix the problem, might just as well bite the bullet on this. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login