Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
Dick Colman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-21          100693

I am considering on purchasing a 25 HP Jinma in a crate picking it up at a ware house in Boston from Tractor Outlet out of Christmas Valley, Oregon. Has anyone delt with this company ???
Comments appreciated. Dick

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
affordable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-24          100891

Tractor Outlet is a great company,you may want to check with them on delivery times the westcoast port backlogs,customs and epa,homeland security delays.
Check with them to see if any of these delays are affecting them,they also provide great after sale support

Tommy
Affordable Tractor ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
JINMA224

2004-12-25          102927

Hey Dick,
Did you get your tractor? I was also considering purchasing mine in a crate also,, till I found a dealer that beat the crate dealers deals? :-) If you haven't allready made your purchase let me know and I will turn you onto them. It might be well worth your while or should I say your wallet. :-)
Have a nice day
Joe ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
NHDick

2005-01-15          104253

I don't expect it till Mid Feb. I paid $11,100 for 28 HP with FEL & BH. What was the price on yours.
Thanks Dick ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
JINMA224

2005-01-15          104286

Hey Dick,
I thought I should let the forum know:
Jinma 224 XR, PS, Canopy, wheel weights, Front Weights, Spring Suspension Seat adjustable to body weight, Ag tires, Assembled and out the door: I paid $4850 for mine back before the summer '04. And I could have saved more, If I had assembled it myself. I don't know what their price is now, but I did talk with one of their personnell the other day and he said that they have a few tractors on display,, but that most were sold before they get off the ship in New Orleans. Anyone interested, contact me and I will turn you on to my dealer. ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
sarge1572

2005-03-21          108426

I'm interested in who your dealer is. I'm looking for a 24 to 30 HP 4x4. I've read about them, but haven't seen one in action.

Thanks
Jeff ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
NHDick

2005-03-21          108433

I used Tractor Outlet. http://www.tractor-outlet.com/
But for me they were more of a brokerage house than a dealer. Very nice people to work with.
Dick ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
JINMA224

2005-03-21          108437

Hey Jeff,

I bought my little 224XR from Deals On Wheels in Pesacola, Florida. They sell assembled or in a crate, whichever you prefer. PH 850 478 6600

Make sure you get the options that you want from the getgo, and make sure that you get the adjustable spring seat, and don't let them talk you out of it. Options like canopy, power steering, and 4wd all add up, especially if you start getting them as add on features, later on.

Good Luck &
Have a nice day,
Joe ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
universal_101

2005-03-23          108624

Who is your dealer, and ho do I get pricing information from them? ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
sarge1572

2005-03-23          108645

I've only looked at compact tractors online. But the link above, http://www.tractor-outlet.com has pricing for the tractors, delivered, if you pick them up, assembled, in a crate, if you buy them in a crate and build them in their shop, for equipment, the whole enchilada. I haven't called any dealers yet, been saving my Christmas money. I have an old Kubota B60002cylinder diesel, but I broke a tooth or two off of a gear in the transfer case. I figured I'd use this opportunity to buy a little bigger compact tractor that can do some work, instead of just move loose stuff.

I've bid on a few used John Deere tractors (770 and a 790) at bankruptcy auctions and I can buy a brand new one of these, with a loader and gannon for less than those went for. Now I have to figure out WHY JD and the likes go for so much more.

To you Jinma owners. Compare your tractor to a John Deere, or a Kubota, or Yanmar. Are they comparable? I'll be using it to move/dig dirt, manure, tree stumps, some rocks on hilly land and try to level some ground for stuff like corrals. Just a couple of acres, but WAY too much for a shovel and wheelbarrow.

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
JINMA224

2005-03-23          108646

(To you Jinma owners. Compare your tractor to a John Deere, or a Kubota, or Yanmar. Are they comparable? I'll be using it to move/dig dirt, manure, tree stumps, some rocks on hilly land and try to level some ground for stuff like corrals. Just a couple of acres, but WAY too much for a shovel and wheelbarrow.)

Hey Sarge,

First of all, let me start out by saying, IMHO, Jinma's are not as good as JD, NH, Kabota, Mahindra, but they are at about 1/2 the price.

The Chinese Tractors are not finished as well and sometimes the sheetmetal doesn't exactly line up, and sometimes the materials that they use aren't up to the standards that we are used to In America.

But they do get the job done however. Preping the new tractor from the getgo is very important as to how durable the tractor will be.

Parts don't seem to be a problem with the Chinese tractors and there are so many now here in America, that Service doesn't seem to be a problem either if you break something that you don't want to repair yourself.

For 2 acres, a little Jinma224 should do ok, unless you are doing a whole lot of digging, and in that case, YOu will probably want a bigger tractor, or maybe rent a backhoe for the major part of the digging. I have 7 acres and the little Jinma224 that I have will do everything that I need it to do, BoxBlade, dig ditches, Drill Post Holes, Mow, drag trees, and general tractor work, that a yard tractor cannot even begin to do. A front end loader and Backhoe is also available to for the Jinma's.

Whatever you do, get the 4WD, Canopy, Power Steering, and Adjustable Spring Seat.

Have a nice day,
Joe

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
sarge1572

2005-03-23          108649

Thanks for the insight. I'm not concerned about fit and finish. After all, it is a tractor. That's what they make grinders and ball peen hammers for!! And those big ole screw drivers that look like pry bars!! Mostly I'm concerned about plain old guts. Do they have the weight and the torque to do the work. My little B6000 will sit with all the tires spinning, but not much else happening when I'm trying to dig. If it's not loose, or in a pile it's pick and shovel time and I"m too old and WAY too lazy to do too much of that. My neighbor has a JD 4200 (25 HP, hydrostatic trans, loader +++) and has no complaints. I'm a penny pincher, but don't mind paying for the right piece of equipment the FIRST time, even if it costs more than I wanted to spend. I guess I'm looking for one less thing to complain about. That list is WAY to short. My property is mostly clay and some dirt. When it's wet/damp digging is a breeze. When it's dry it's like concrete. When I put in my leach field I had to rent a pneumatic spade to crack through the upper crust to get to mother earth, so I may be dreaming that a little tractor will work here at all, but I gotta try. ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
JINMA224

2005-03-24          108654

( My little B6000 will sit with all the tires spinning, but not much else happening when I'm trying to dig. If it's not loose, or in a pile it's pick and shovel time and I"m too old and WAY too lazy to do too much of that. My neighbor has a JD 4200 (25 HP, hydrostatic trans, loader +++) and has no complaints. I'm a penny pincher, but don't mind paying for the right piece of equipment the FIRST time, even if it costs more than I wanted to spend. I guess I'm looking for one less thing to complain about.)

Hey Sarge,

If the JD 25hp will do it, then I am willing to guess that the Jinma 254 or 284 will do it too. The 254 and 284 is the big brothers, so to speak to the Jinma224. The Motors are rated at about 25hp and 28hp, and the 224's motor is rated at about 20 to 22hp, and they share aproximately the same chassis. Last year "Deals On Wheels", was selling the Jinma254, with a canopy, PS, 4wd, weights on front and Rear wheel weights, Spring Suspension Seat,3cylinder engine, Assembled for about 6K.

I think that you will find that the JD with all those options will be about twice that, if not more, and they may not even offer you the Spring Suspension Seat/Adjustable to Body Weight. You can order your tractor setup just the way you want it from Deals On Wheels, but you will have to wait about 2-3 months, for the tractor to get here from China. They will ship to you either in a crate or assembled.

Whoever you get your tractor from,, just make sure to go behind them and check all your fluids and bolt tightness and any other thing that you can think of.

I might add, that I have 83 hours on my little 224 and I really like it. This is my 2nd Chinese Tractor, and I am amazed at how quiet this little 3 cylinder engine is. It is my best friend and it has done a lot of work for me, and I have a lot more work for it to do.

Just remember though, your neighbor with the JD, may give you a hard time about your China made tractor, especially after he finds out, that your tractor will do about the same thing as his, but at about 1/2 the price. It may hurt his feelings. :-)

Don't let anybody con you about the resale value either. I bought my first Chinese tractor for 5K back in 1990 and sold it for 4K in 1997. In my book, that's not too bad on resale value. And that one was a Shenniu. These Jinma's may hold their value even better, but only time will tell.

Have a nice day,
Joe ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
sarge1572

2005-10-28          118588

This reply is 7 months late!

In May I finally cracked and bought a new 284, FEL, backhoe and box scraper. I've been using it regularly since then and don't have any complaints. Big, but not too big. Solid, stable, plenty of weight and power. Thanks for the input. Last week I used it to build a set of corrals for my wife, lots of dirt to be moved in and around, (I live on a hillside) and next week I'm digging out 3 BIG stumps and filling in the holes. Before I was concerned about all of the hand work if I had any digging, now I'm concerned my neighbors will want to borrow it!!

Jeff ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
Joe

2005-10-28          118592

Before I was concerned about all of the hand work if I had any digging, now I'm concerned my neighbors will want to borrow it!!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Glad to hear, that you like your new 284. Be sure to check the fluid level in the creeper gear box reservoir.

Once again, I'm glad that your 284 is performing well for you. A tractor can be one of your very best friends.

Get your tractors running &
Have a nice day,
Joe

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-29          118602

Sarge, congratulations on your new tractor. Did you assemble from a crate or was it already assembled? If you assembled it was it difficult? Do you have lots of mechanical experience? ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
sarge1572

2005-10-29          118618

I bought it all assembled. If the price hadn't been so good, WAY less than a crate tractor, I would have bought one in a box. I find that I have a better grasp of how stuff works if I put it together, even if it's just fenders, wheels and "stuff". After looking at several of the sites where people have assembled their own, it looks like a pretty straighforward assembly. I rebuilt a couple of cars (old ones that don't use computers to run) and am restoring a sailboat so I do have a little mechanical experience and most of the tools. If you've made mechanical repairs on your car or truck (and it ran when you were done) you can probably assemble one of these. Most of the BIG stuff is done. Its not like you're building an engine, or trying to adjust gear lash in the differentials.

I bought mine from Cold Water Tractors in Hoquiam Washington, drove 1100 miles each way to get it (and it was STILL cheaper than the best price I found for one with all the pieces I got in crates). They're not on the internet anymore (www.coldwatertractors.com), I checked for it, gone, but maybe in the phone book. They build their own front end loaders (very robust)and sell them for about half of the commercially available ones. I bought mine, assembled with a FEL, Jinma backhoe, 2 sets of front weights, and 5' box scraper for $10,500. No sales tax because I'm from out of state.

Based on my experience so far, I'd buy another one.

Jeff ....

Jinma in a crate

View my Photos
Joe

2005-10-29          118631

"To you Jinma owners. Compare your tractor to a John Deere, or a Kubota, or Yanmar. Are they comparable? I'll be using it to move/dig dirt, manure, tree stumps, some rocks on hilly land and try to level some ground for stuff like corrals. Just a couple of acres, but WAY too much for a shovel and wheelbarrow."

Hey Sarge,

I think that you will find much more information about the Chinese Tractors/Jinma,Kama,Foton, over at Tractor bi Net and N Y C T O .

Doesn't seem to be that much activity here at this site.

Comparing a Chinese Tractor to a JD,NH,Kabota,MF,Mahindra,Kiota, etc in a new tractor. They are all better than the Chinese tractors, but they are about twice as much. The Yanmars are used units, and I don't even consider used units myself, and I don't like purchasing used or rebuilt units. They are just too risky for me.

I have 135 hours on my Jinma 224 and most all have been pulling a 5 ft box blade. So far so good. I have heard from others that have 400 to 600 hours and they are also having good luck. I have also heard stories from some that have had problems, either from owner operator abuse or from lack of lubrication.

It is very very important that you make absolutely sure that all oil reservoirs have oil in them, when you first get your tractor, and that all parts are adequately greased.

Best of luck with your tractor search.
Get your tractors running &
Have a nice day,
Joe

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login