Go Bottom Go Bottom

woods mower pto pullu removal

View my Photos
oldandintheway
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-17          66409

I have a early 80s IH 244 with a woods belly mower. I usually take it off for the winter and push a little snow. The problem is i cannot get the pull off from the pto tried everything. Any suggestions would be great

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2003-10-17          66416

I don't know if you've had the pto shaft off before so you know if it has a pin, collar or other type locking device.

There is a discussion in the archives about getting mid-pto shafts on and off. I can't recall the subject title but I'll see if I can find it if there are no specific suggestions. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-18          66517

OAITW Here goes... Check for pressure on the shaft. TURN TRACTOR OFF PTO OUT OF GEAR ETC. Move mower blades back and forth to release any belt tension. Try some rusted parts release solvents (I like Blaster) on the coupler splines and let it soak some. If locking collar or pin is stuck try lots of release agents on them and work them a little at a time until free. Hammers work for this BUT BE KINDA NICE you may wanna use the parts again. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-10-18          66527

Good thing Harvey comes through and with a lot fewer words 'cause my recollection of archive subject titles and many other things is seriously faulty. I think it was probably his comments I was trying to recall. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login