Go Bottom Go Bottom

Largest Single Deck Finish Mower

View my Photos
TENCEE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-13          54831

Anyone know what the largest single deck finish mower is? The largest I have seen is from Frontier at 90". I have a John Deere 4610 and want a large deck. OR what are the plusses and minuses on triple-deck mowers?

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-15          54916

I am not sure that I would want that large a deck finish mower, not unless my lawn was as flat as a bowling green. Even with a 60 inch I can scalp the grass once in a while. I have an 84 inch rotory cutter and it can definately do some damage, but on the field I consider it leveling.
I think if I wanted wider I would go with a gang system. ....

Link:   bulher

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-16          54974

The 90" deck is the biggest that I'm aware of. The multi decks have more flexibility and use smaller blades for less chance of scalping. ....

View my Photos
BobHog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-04          58845

I use a 5ft MMM plus 2 5ft wing mowers for a 14 ft cut with overlap. I can drop a wing for 10ft cut or 2 and then sneak in between trees with the MMM(just as wide as my tires).No scalping, though the wings can be a handful sideways on the hills.15ft wing requires alot of pto Hp.I pull with a NH 33hp. 15ft wing is a handful to manuver in a barn. Though I have to maintain 2 more motors for the wings.Not wanting a 50hp tractor answered it for me. My wings are Acre Ease commercial units $2800 ea. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login