Go Bottom Go Bottom

Land Pride FD2560 Gear oil

View my Photos
modona
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-26          173456

Hello; My name is Dennis and I live in the NW corner of Nebraska. I have a Land Pride FD 2560 mower 3 point I pull with a Kabota B7510. Anyway I can not keep oil in the gear box. It all seems to be coming out the vent in the top of the gear box. I can see no signs of any leakage under the mower and the oil is all over the back on top of the mower deck. Is this normal for this mower? The oil I use is Mag 1 High Performance Gear Lube SAE 80-90 could this be the problem? The info on the gear box what I can read says International Tech ( I think ) then below that 01-060 and below that 00105- (35 or 55) - 96 ( tried everything to bring numbers out but best I could do ) At the bottom I think it says Carsbarg. I did try and put a 3 1/2" pipe on it with a coupler and put the vent on top of that. But was no help. I need some help so I thought I would ask here. Any input would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks Dennis

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-26          173457

Dennis, your oil should be filled to the plug on the side of the gearbox. If you are only filled that high and you are still having trouble then the oil must not be a anti foaming oil. ....

View my Photos
modona

2010-08-26          173465

I guess I did not know that they made a 80-90 gear oil that is anti foaming. Do you know what brands they are ( anti foaming ) as I haven't a clue. Thanks Dennis ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-08-27          173478

What's the history? Did it just start doing this? Exactly what's coming out (froth? flowing oil?) and how much?

Another route you could try is:

-use 90wEP [extreme pressure] oil. Its additives will help.
-check the vent. Some have a spring valve that can stick open, some have a spring-loaded cap with a broken spring, sometimes on a used mower the factory vent got damaged and was replaced with a simple tube.
-don't overfill the box ....

View my Photos
modona

2010-08-29          173541

Thanks for replying sorry it's taken so long to get back to you but I was away for 3 days. I bought the mower used and it had been sitting at least a year or better. I noticed the back of the mower had caked on dirt I thought but must have been oil and dirt. Anyway I cleaned it all up and did a complete service job including change the oil in the gear box. I checked the vent and the spring is ok opens and snaps back as it should. I filled it to the bottom of the side plug. I really can't tell if it foam or just oil coming out as I'm on the tractor. My guess it is foam because when I check the level when I'm done mowing the oil in the gear case is foamy. I have a little over an acre I mow with it and when I'm done the level is just about at the middle of the gear shaft. I will try and find the oil you said and give it a whirl. I have never let it get to low. Thanks Dennis ....

View my Photos
modona

2010-09-06          173772

Hi just thought I would let everyone one know about my LP 2560 gear oil problem. I believe I got it fixed. I had to take the gear box off and removed the back housing and flushed everything out. I could not believe all the dirt and gunk that came out of it.How it all got in there I do not know. Anyway I did not brake it all down but I still could see some of the edge of the gears and what I did see was that the gears looked brad new. No wear what so ever. By the way there was no metal found in the sludge that came out of it. So I blew it out with air and let it set and air dry over night. The next day I put it back together and filled it to the proper level with full Synthetic 75-90 oil. Used it for about half an hour and no venting of oil out the pressure vent. So I thank all of you that discussed this with me and the problem seems to be resolved for now. I will mow my field ( 1 1/2 acre ) at least one more time this year and that will be the real test. Thanks again Dennis ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login