Go Bottom Go Bottom

8000 00 Electric Motorcycle

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-19          166940

Last evening on the news they featured someone in Oregon, I think, who is manufacturing "Green" motorcycles. Top speed 50, range on a battery charge 25 miles, uses 110 house current, they didn't say how long a recharge takes. They have the apearance of a crotch rocket.
His big thing is no polutants are spewing from an exhaust pipe, but somewhere unless wind, nuke, or water power are producing the electricity some polutants are being produced
Seems like a lot of money to not go very far on a charge.
BUT!!! It is AMERICAN MADE. We better cheer on guys like him. Better batteries, cleaner power plants, who knows.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-19          166945

As Jay Leno would say, "Exactly!"

I like my e-bicycle (cost $500 new). In Ontario, because it has limited top speed, engine power, etc., no need for registration, insurance, licence. In its third year, it gets me to the store and back. The lead-acid battery is simple, cheap, and heavy.

For $8k, that one must use a lithium-ion or mag-hydride. Reminds me of something I read here about the Chevy Volt:
"Wow -- it will take me 40 miles without a recharge. Of course, so will a gallon of gasoline -- which won't cost an extra $10,000 for the battery pack."

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-11-19          166950

Auer;
The news story did show Jay standing beside one, but didn't really say if he owns one.
Those little electric bicycles do intrest me, what kind is yours? ....

View my Photos
Hettric

2009-11-19          166954

Frank, was this the bike?

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/clips/brammo-enertia-powercycle/1171217/

By the way, if your into mechanical things, an excellent site. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-19          166957

Hard, it says Schwinn on it, but I'm not sure who really made it. Has tires like the old Schwinn balloon-tire models (because of the weight even with the aluminum frame). Seven speeds (gears on the rear axle but not at the pedals). Replaced the battery after two years after letting it sit the winter uncharged.

In Canada it came out at $600, later lowered to 5, then some at $350. Bell, front & rear lights, mirror but no fenders or carrier. As a bike it works perfectly well, with the quality of about a $2-300 non-ebike. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2009-11-20          166960

Check out "zeromotorcycles.com" for moto-cross and street machines. If I had some extra cash, I'd get one! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login