Go Bottom Go Bottom

First Electric Motorcycle in Neighborhood

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-05          155094

An enterprising neighbor of mine just converted a gas powered motorcycle to electric. Here is a utube video of him taking a ride around my neighborhood.

Link:   Utube Video of Electric Motorcycle

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-06          155113

He did a nice job! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-07-07          155127

Pretty kewl! Hearing the whine of the drivetrain reminded me of an article I saw the other day in the paper: a national organization for the blind is up-in-arms about cars that are very quiet cannot be heard by the blind when in traffic. They want MINIMUM noise emissions set by the government. And what will the deaf want--big punching arms to push them out of the way? And what about other disabled factions? Where does it end?

I read that back at the turn of the 19th century horse and buggy drivers were demading that the new "automobile drivers, when approaching a horse team on a road, pull over
DISMANTLE the vehicle and hide the parts in the bushes, They were to allow the horse team to pass and then reassemble the vehicle".

Guess it shows stupidity goes back generations.

View my Photos
yooperpete

2008-07-07          155130

I've been looking at purchasing an electric motorcycle. The lack of any noise emission makes me wonder. They should mount reverse beeper sensors all around. I've been looking at "zeromotorcycles.com" and waiting for their street version to come out. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-07-07          155139

The engineering problem is that batteries are bulky and heavy whereas motorcycles are skinny and light, meaning that the batteries would have to be not much heavier or bulkier than the original engine and gas-tank, meaning that they would have to be high-tech (like li-ion), meaning an e-motorcycle would be costly.

I have a factory-made battery-assisted pedal bicycle for local errands. I love it, but the battery is lead-acid, which requires a heavier frame, making the bike pretty heavy to just pedal. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login