Go Bottom Go Bottom

21 Turkey Salute

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-11          140378

We have had turkeys in the area for several years. We enjoy watching ten or twenty at a time marching across the road from the woods, across our lawn and out past the barn, usually pecking as they go.

Well, yesterday the wife had a change of heart. Twenty one turkeys made the march to the back yard. But due to some sloppy eaters at my bird feeder, we had a bunch of seed on the ground.

All of them gathered under the feeder and left enough turkey dung in the snow to fertilize the garden. She no longer cares if we "harvest" them.

Sometimes things happen for a reason :)

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

21 Turkey Salute

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-12          140387

I skin them far enough to get the breasts and drumsticks. Momma splits the breast into two separate meals for two. Put it an a slow cooker for about 6-8 hours in cream of mushroom soup. Do the same for drumsticks but go about 8 hours. ....

21 Turkey Salute

View my Photos
cutter

2007-03-12          140392

It will be my pleasure to test that recipe. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login