Go Bottom Go Bottom

8N PTO Shaft Repair

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-23          99130

This is out of my area of knowledge but I thought perhaps someone here on TP may have some experience with rebuilding an 8N pto shaft. Someone asked me about repairing the pto shaft after they had removed the shaft from tractor but can't get it apart. How should I go about getting the bearings out without hurting the PTO Spindle (shaft). My thoughts right off the bat were to take the shaft to a competent machine shop and have them pressed off. Anyone here done this repair before and if so; any instruction and pointers would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

8N PTO Shaft Repair

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-24          99173

A press is the best way to get the bearings off. Most tractor shop will have some sort of press to assist you. You will also want to press the new bearings into place. ....

8N PTO Shaft Repair

View my Photos
AVANCE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-03          105457

Have you noticed the snap ring that's holding the bearing in the cast housing??? This should allow you to carefully punch the shaft and bearing out from the housing if you haven't already done so. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login