Go Bottom Go Bottom

hobby farmer

View my Photos
Big Don
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-10-27          32691

would like to buy domestic brand compact tractor prefer ford 4wd 13 to 25hp knoxville tn area. reply rhynedk@cs.com

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hobby farmer

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-10-27          32693

Don;
Do you want new or used? Do you need a front end loader (FEL)? What price range are you looking for? There are no purely domestic tractors in this size range. The newer John Deeres are a assembled here but the Ford/New Hollands are from Japan. Some of the other brands also have part assembly here such as the Longs etc but not many. Most are from Japan or the Far East.
Remember these tractor are for us neophites most real farmers in this country don't need a tractor with less than 50 hp. These tractor are perfect for the rice paddies of the far east.
Peters ....

hobby farmer

View my Photos
Rick

2001-10-27          32695

New Holland tc tractors are assembled in georgia now. They built the first assembly plant and John Deere followed. Matter of fact the titan rim and tire factory is directly half way between both assembly plants in Georgia. The engines and transmission on tc tractors come from japan pre assembled the rest of the parts are mostly sourced in the United States now. ....

hobby farmer

View my Photos
jb85302

2001-10-30          32781

Not all of the JD's are built in GA. A dealer told me that the 4100 and 790's are still built in Japan. We are part of a global economy. Very few things are totally Made in America. ....

hobby farmer

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-10-31          32820

Im sorry if I sound confused. If the engine and transmission/rear axel and front axel are shipped from another country, how much work is it to bolt on the plastic parts. How much work is it to make the plastic or stamped steel parts?
It does not take long to strip the tractor to the bare essentials. Motor and transmission (tractor restoration) how long can it be to bolt on a new one?
I have assembled motor bikes from Japan, I can see only a little more work in the tractor department. To me if the engine and drive line are Japanese it is Japanese. What else is there on a tractor? To me the green or blue means little. ....

hobby farmer

View my Photos
Charlie Iliff

2001-10-31          32860

Unless you are unalterably committed to conventional tractors, take a look at the discussions on this board of Power Trac and look at www.Power-Trac.com

You may find a lot of capability for your requirements, in a US manufactured machine.

Link:   

Click Here

hobby farmer

View my Photos
trapper7

2002-09-15          42409

If you can use a yanmar, similar to john deere, then price equipment on john sevier hwy. may have what you need for a real good price. I'm about to buy one there myself. It's advertised in the bargain mart. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login