Go Bottom Go Bottom

Post Drivers

View my Photos
rb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-08          26484

Anyone have experience with post drivers? Any brands to stay away from or ones you really like?I'm looking for a 3 point attached driver for a JD 5210 (45hp), in your experience is this enough tractor?ThanksRuss

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Post Drivers

View my Photos
Bird Senter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-08          26486

rb, I don't know much about post drivers, but check out www.danuser.com. They have both hydraulic and PTO powered units, and a salesman assured me that my 27hp tractor could handle it just fine. Only trouble was that my bank account couldn't handle it. Your tractor should be great with the MD-H1 hydraulic or MD-6 PTO powered units. ....

Post Drivers

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-04-09          26506

We use a shaver, and as Bird so correctly pointed out, they are NOT cheap. Unless you have a LOT of posts to set it will be far cheaper to hire someone locally to do it for you. I don't know where you are but up here (Toronto, Canada) you can get posts set for as little as $2.50 per, so unless you plan setting upwards of 1,000 posts, look around for someone to do it for you. Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login