Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farming and Family Run Tractor Dealers

View my Photos
kangaroo31
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-19          143858

This is just a chat :-)
Frankly I am not blame local dealer either. The dealers I am dealing locally are almost 3th or 4th generations in family company. They are young(late 20 to early 30) and rich (multi-millinioner at least). I can feel the attitudes from older owners(their parents) is much better. That just the human naturality:) May be our 3th or 4th generations worse than them.
Plus, less and less people want to do farming these years. Their profits should be far less than car dealers. People in my area 3th or 4th generations usally sell the farm and move to city. I am an IT manager in top 50. I know people here how easy to get a 100k job. All my friends think me crazy to buy this property:D . But I remember an elder told me, two things in this world will become less and less, one is real antique, the other is land. From long vision, lower food miles is the trend. But, may be I am just in my dream.:p

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-19          143860

Kangaroo,

You're not dreaming, my friend. Working with the soil -- being close to Mother Nature -- will make you a much better person. Those who work the soil are generally good, honest people.

Here's a quote from Thomas Jefferson..........

"When I first entered on the stage of public life (now twenty-four years ago), I came to a resolution never to engage while in public office in any kind of enterprise for the improvement of my fortune, nor to wear any other character than that of a farmer. I have never departed from it in a single instance; and I have in multiplied instances found myself happy in being able to decide and to act as a public servant, clear of all interest, in the multiform questions that have arisen, wherein I have seen others embarrassed and biased by having got themselves into a more interested situation." --Thomas Jefferson to [unknown], March 18, 1793. ME 9:44

Joel ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-19          143866

Joel, you confirmed what I have felt for a long time.

Glad you have joined the forum. We need more guys like yourself (well-read). ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-19          143868

Earthwrks,

Many thanks for the kind words.

Over the past 8 years I've been studying the constitutions of our States and Federal Government; the books, documents, and letters written by our Founders and those they studied from; as well as the detailed history of our nation. I've learned a whole lot, and I've even participated in the writing of a book dealing with the evil path our nation has gone down since the days of our Founders.

Like most other Americans, I'm tired of watching my nation destroy itself. It's about time the people of this nation wake up to the fact that we've been taken to the cleaners by those people we refer to as "congressmen". They aren't congressmen........THEY'RE CROOKS!

Oh well......enough from me.

It's an honor to counted among the members of this fine group of people. Every person here has been most polite, friendly, and fun to chat with. I look forward to getting to know each of you better as time passes.

Have a great day!

Joel ....

View my Photos
crunch

2007-07-19          143882

Kangaroo, I think I read you are from around Florida NY - not far from me in the Hudson Valley. I am also working in the IT industry - top 50. I wish I could follow in your footsteps but we all make do whatever way we can. Our life choices that we make when we are in our 20s lock us in for life. In my case I have other people that have come to depend on a certain standard of living. If it was up to me alone, I would be in a one room shack with a wood stove in the Adirondacks. My other option is to go to NYC and find a nice cardboard box and some sterno :) ....

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-07-20          143892

Hi, crunch, my neighbor, and IT labor co-workers.:-)
I can feel your pain. It is very common among 35-45 married man. I think it is so called "light mid-life crisis" ;-)
Watching this kind of land for at least 4 years, last year is the first year I saw some farm lands on the market in our area, only two pieces. Anyway family first, we will find chance to do what we like. But we are not always have chance to have a happy familty.

View my Photos
kangaroo31

2007-07-20          143893

Joel:
Thanks for sharing. His is one of the Greatest people in the history I think. Life is so short and busy, we don't want lost in the world. :-)

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login