Go Bottom Go Bottom

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
bjv1995
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-18          111224

My 404 hydraulic pump was whinning/squealing very loud, so I replaced the hydro filter. Now the pump squeals a lot louder and the hydraulics barely work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-05-18          111226

Being you said the pump got louder after the new filter makes me wonder if you have an obstruction on the outflow side of the pump. Check your hydraulic outlet levers to be sure they are in neutral. Is the noise constant or intermitent? Constant suggests you're pushing against pressure, intermittent usually means the pump is sucking some air along with the fluid. Best of luck. Frank. ....

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
bjv1995

2005-05-18          111231

Thanks Frank,
The noise is only when the pump has a load. The power steering, loader and 3pt all work off of this pump. Only when I turn the wheel or lift does it squeal like crazy. It is quiet when not used. The manuals state to cycle all systems 10-12 times to bleed the air in the lines. I have done this before the filter change with no help, and I am afraid to do it anymore since the loud noise and the hydraulics aren't working very well. ....

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-18          111239

I'd be having a close look at the relief valve, it will do what you're describing.

Best of luck. ....

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
bjv1995

2005-05-18          111250

Murf, Where abouts would the relief valve be?

By the way, I dig the beer cooler!

Thanks, Brad ....

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
hardwood

2005-05-19          111257

If my memory serves me correctly there are a couple of flow diverter valves in the system. There function was to allow one pump to keep enough fliud flow to different systems like steering, hyd. outlets, hitch at the same time. I've heard of them sticking and causing the problem you speak of also. Your Case-IH sevice mgr. may have had this experience too and can tell you more. Good luck. Frank. ....

404 hydraulics

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-19          111263

Brad, as Frank suggested, ask at the local dealer, they'll know for sure what's where. I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast.

The cooler doesn't work quite as well in the summer, and you have to drink steady or it slushes up the brew in the winter, but it's cheap!

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login