Go Bottom Go Bottom

Have you seen the new Durango

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-27          75167

I'm interested in what others think about the new Durango. Saw one at an international auto show.
It reminds me of a '76 AMC Pacer. I'm not much of an SUV fan anyway, but my opinion is the older Durango was much better looking.
At least you can get the Hemi in it.
Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-01-27          75174

I like the rear roof line and back end but the front fenders and grill are a little to much for my taste. Overall I have mixed feelings about the body design. They put big tires and wheels on and look pretty sharp with some color schemes. The hemi is real powerful and fast, but I hear it sucks gas. You can't have speed, pulling power and mileage. I've heard they are coming out with an electronic system to alternately fire cylinders such that only four are running at a time while highway driving. Maybe we can have it all!

I love my SUV no matter what bad things are said about them. The room in the back to store my stuff is important to me. I fold down the back seat so my dog has a place to lay (85 lb. lab) and still have room for luggage and whatever. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2004-01-27          75177

There was a review about the truck on Spike TV Car & Driver. It was too car like for my taste. Not a bad looking vehicle. I would NEVER consider a vehicle this size WITHOUT diesel power. You be eaten out of house and home in gas with the hemi.

I am still partial to the Jeep Rescue but I will have to win the lotery first to afford one. ;o)

BR/Pete, believe it or not; actually you can have speed, pulling power and mileage. The latest version of the Cummins diesel is 325 hp. & 600 ft./lbs. of torque. It is not currently offered as an option but I have been reading that Diamler Chrysler is looking more and more into diesel power for their trucks and SUV's. I am REAL happy with my Cummins HO. I get between 21 - 23 mpg on the highway and about 15 - 18 mpg towing. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2004-01-27          75178

I would think that as biodiesel use spreads, diesels will become available if not popular in more automobiles. Since getting the little NH tractor, I'm more interested in diesel power.
Bill

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-01-30          75511

To heck with the biodiesel! Did you guys know you can burn Vegtable oil in a diesel, with no engine modifications? This would solve the fuel and farming issues! Why aren't the OEM's looking into this??

To refine bio-diesel uses enough energy you might as well use mineral diesel.

I too will buy a diesel SUV as soon as one is available. Diesel Liberty will be available in the fall of '04. (So I'm told) I wish we could have the diesel Grand Cherokee which is available everywhere in the world but here.

I love those oil burners!! Check the site for my collection. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login