Go Bottom Go Bottom

HYDRAULIC SYSTEM FILTERS ON B-2410

View my Photos
Joe Timo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-02-25          35878

I'm going to be changing the hydraulic system filters on my 2001 b-2410 soon and have a few questions. First, the 2 filters I got to replace the factory filters are a different physical size than the originals. When I asked the parts guy at my dealer he said they were ok.(not the much reassurance there) The owners manual makes no reference to part numbers for these filters. how do I tell them apart? can someone tell me which filter part # goes on what side of the tractor? Second, does the strainer have to be cleaned everytime the filter on the right side of the tractor is replaced? Third, How much hydraulic fluid should I have on hand to top off the system after replacing both filters and cleaning the strainer? The manual makes no indication about how much fluid will be lost during the maintenance procedures. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks. Joe Timo

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2002-02-26          35883

I seem to recall that Kubota changed filter size on some models, but I forget the reason why, so the parts guy probably is right. If there's doubt, part number from a current parts manual should match the new filters. Some people use generic filters, and I believe NAPA stores can cross-reference many. Some filter manufacturer's sites also give cross-references. However, there are some long discussions about substitute filters in the archives that would be good to read.

No guarantee, but the larger of the two filters is the hydraulic filter for my tractor and I think that's pretty common. It would be good to read a manual to get the right procedure for cleaning screens. I've got gears rather than HST, so I don't known about HST screens.

It's pretty common to keep a 5-gallon pail of hydraulic oil around for topping up. Some stores sell 2.5-gallon pails, but I don't think smaller quantities are common. It is a bit difficult to pour from a 5-gallon pail into a funnel sitting on top the TX case, and I can't get a funnel anywhere near my front axle fill. I bought a pail pump from Northern Tool. It's a lever pump that is mounted on a replacement lid for a standard 5-gallon pail. It's very useful.

View my Photos
Duane

2002-02-26          35895

I am not sure if you HAVE to clean the screens every time, but it doesn't hurt. On my B7500 HST the filter on the right side cannot be taken off without removing the strainer, so I reckon I'll clean it every time. Changed the filter once now, and the screen had nothing in it at all. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login