Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydrostatic fluid squealing in cold

View my Photos
Bob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-26          21847

Last spring I changed the hydro fluid in my TC-33D to synthetic for ?longevity reasons and to quiet that cold weather squeal. Well it finally got cold here again since the change and it did not squeal. NNot a cheap fix but I am satisfied. New Holand petro hydro fluid would have cost about $30, the Amsoil I put in cost $150. I was a skeptic when others reported the squeal went away with synth. I am anxious to see if I get full loader power ice cold. Last winter the loader was sluggish until the fluid started getting some heat in it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-27          21858

Bob one of the most important things in cold climates is the oil pour point. It normally is not listed on a container but it is important in colder climates. When I was, never mind, but sometime ago a old mechanic told me his father always used to put a quart of oil in the freezer before he used it. If it would still pour well then he would use it in his engines. No rocket science here just an old way to test a oil. New Holland hydraulic fluid is about a 20wht oil not the thickest but not as thin as some others. I have no info on the syntetic oil for base viscosity. Where are you located? Have you tried a magnetic heater on the base of the transmission? ....

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-28          21883

I think it depends on which NH oil. 134D is their standard UTF while F200 is the multi-weight equivalent. I have gears, but I imagine the HST's take the same oil. I live in northern Ontario. It gets cold here, and the dealer recommends F200. He also says that magnetic block heaters really don't get much heat to the oil, and a good oil does much better. I use two magnetic heaters anyway. I also use AGCO multi-season UTF, which I believe is similar to F200, and neither is entirely synthetic. I use the AGCO oil simply because the dealer is an hour away while the NH dealer is two hours. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login