Go Bottom Go Bottom

jd 1050 hydraulic system

View my Photos
beatford68
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-12          127582

I just bought an '85 john deere 1050 compact tractor w/ 3900+ hours. It's got a model 75 loader. Hydraulics are sluggish and hydraulic/trans oil is grey - apparently water got into the system, though not sure how. At a minimum, I will need to change the filter and oil.

Is there a liklihood that something else is causing the sluggish behavior (clogged filter, damaged pump or control valve, etc)? Is there a history of water getting into these hydraulic systems?

Thanks,
Beatford68

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

jd 1050 hydraulic system

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-12          127586

Be sure to remove, inspect, and clean the hydraulic screen. It may be contaminated with debry and oil/water sludge as well as the filter. If water or some contamination has been introduced into the hydraulic system; repeated changing (flushing out) of the hyd. oil and filters and pickup screen may be required to remove all of the contamination due to the large amount of oil remaining in the FEL hyd. cylinders and residual in the system itself. Oil and filters are VERY cheap in comparison to rebuilding or replacing a pump or valve body in the 3PH. ....

Link:   Hydraulic Oil Screen

jd 1050 hydraulic system

View my Photos
FullPull
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-28          140802

i also have water in my fluid. i just bought a old yanmar ym240d. it is the same tractor as the JD-750.. i have drained the fluid from the transmission (yucky white fome)... i have removed the shiftlever and shifting forks from the transmision so i dont dare start the tractor........... (my question is) how can i bleed the hydrolic rams on the loader??? ..... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login