Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hurrican Irene

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-26          180058

Well as I sit about 25 miles from the southeast corner of North Carolina at the ocean we have been feeling some light winds and some ran off of Irene for about three hours. My thoughts and prayers are with you in it's path. Listen carefully to storm surge if in low area especially if storm surge is hitting with high tide. Flooding does a lot of damage and is the biggest killer. It is amazing to me the near straight north path she is taking.

Forecast for us is about summer thunder storm if that strong. We can easy use the rain while understand NJ and that area is wet and it so be ready for trees to be blown over if winds hold. A pro said where the wind hits from the SE expect more trees down than if the NE direction.

If you suffer damage you need to take pictures and protect your property. If a lot of damage it may take a few days for adjustors to get with you. If the radio and local tv is full of insurance companies telling you they have adjustors on hand, then they are expecting damage at least near you. They love to use such for advertising. Do watch for down power lines.

If you don't have your generators, chain saws and tractors fueled and waiting..hope to it! Do be careful.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login