Go Bottom Go Bottom

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
metastable
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-21          116723

Few things upset me more than government waste of my money. Here is an article about FEMA ordering 200 truckloads of ice from around the country, having it shipped to the gulf coast region, then telling the truckers to ship it to MAINE for storage (might as well ship it to Alaska). What the hell?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ship ice-makers to the gulf coast region? Since when is it more economical to ship truckloads of frozen water around the country and store it in a warehouse in Maine?

This ranks up there with the $2000 FEMA debit cards that are being used at strip clubs.

Remember this: Every time the government spends $100 billion (Katrina relief, war, etc), it costs every man, woman, and child $400 out of pocket in taxes.

(Updated the link--sorry about that)

Link:   FEMA Sends Trucks Full Of Ice For Katrina Victims To Maine

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-21          116729

Link does not work. ....

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
pkzochow

2005-09-22          116756

here is a link to the story. ....

Link:   Valid Link

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-23          116793

Nothing against the government as they are all the same, out of control in spending and unfortantely do to the sperate divisions they are virtually untouchable! We have the main road in town torn up and do to the state engineers errors it is over 1/2 a million in cost over runs. They are still reburying pipe that was put too deep and had to be dug out and raised as it was put in to low and they still haven't been able to lay the pavement. ....

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
grinder

2005-09-26          116970

I saw the ice story here in Maine on our local news.
I believe each trucker is getting $800.00 per day to sit at the ice storage house in Portland. They said they(fema) was
going to keep them there to be ready for the next emergency.
How long does a bag of ice last in 98 degrees? They should give the people the money to move up on higher ground.
They act like that will be the last storm?
I'll take the cold weather anyday! ....

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
mowrey1999

2005-09-28          117098

The thing that bothers me besides fema wasting taxpayers money on ice is after watching all the people who didnt leave the area after being warned that a major storm was coming right at them was the fact that there giving out the credit cards and the dumb asses were spending the money on gucci purses strip clubs ect, I am glad they stopped or cancelled the credit card idea after seeing what they were doing but surprised, I havent seen any one saying ok the storm is over we dont have a place to live so now we have to get a job ,They just continue to wait for handouts instead of trying to help them selves, Most people I know would work at mcdonalds ,wallmart, burger king or wherever to have something coming in.these people seem so use to getting there monthly handout that they expect us to pay them for sitting on there ass, stupid people breed more stupid people and New orleans is a good example,
The other thing that pisses me off is people in prison with life sentinences and us paying there way while they sit there and eat 3 meals a day work out ect,I say we need to take and anyone who needs a transplant kidney,heart,liver use these people, since they are no use to society any way just take the parts as needed and discard the body when finished,at least they might be of some value to society and might help someone who really needs help, the other thing we might use the low life prisoners for is product testing, why use dogs, cats ,monkeys when we have plenty of animals incarcerated, the prisons are overflowing with them and all they do when they get out is do another crime/rape/murder/robbery ect, what a waste of taxpayers money, I guess the other thing we might do with prisoners is since we have the Nafta agreement with foreign countries is outsource since that seems to be a big thing any more, just sent the prisoners overseas to china/mexico/korea ect .Let them take care of them for us I bet it would be cheaper and more cost effective, ....

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
jdcman

2005-10-02          117242

The fundamental problem with this country is that you have the adult population split along ideologies represented by two parties.

Pragmatism and problem solving has been tossed out the window.

People consider themselves, liberal, conservative, left or right first and a problem solver maybe never! But they will defend their party line to the end!

Take an issue as fundamental and straight forward as sex crimes against children. 99.99 percent of the voting public will tell you that as an individual they are against pedophilia as allowable behavior in this society. Yet, you couldn’t get them to agree to a mandatory substantial sentence for the first offense, GPS tracking once paroled and extinction with conviction of a second offense.

What the hell is up with this? Either you're for allowance of child predation or you aren't --- it's that simple.

I'm of the belief that once you can get folks working together to solve problems, life in general will get better in this nation --- unfortunately I also believe that the elitist like it just the way it is.

Dissention in the ranks makes it easier to push hidden agendas and mask true course ---

I get a kick out of reminiscing about my buddy a few years ago all worked up and upset because he believed his right to own a “pop gun” was being taken away, (I myself am a avid gun owner), I told him then, that the bigger threat was the danger in the elite controlling the many --- in ten years he won’t even recognize this country!

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
lds

2005-10-09          117625

who cares ....

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
grinder

2005-10-13          117860

Mowrey1999
I know of one prisoner I want to keep alive as long as possible, The one that Murdered my 84 year old aunt.
This piece of sh%t doper has been in his 5x8 cage for about
8 yrs now, and will never get out. I want him to wake up every day knowing that. Much better than the needle IMO.
Now chain gangs/road work for the rest of the sh%#heads
is another story.
The ice trucks are still in Portland, over thirty, $800.00
per day per truck. This is just one of several sites around the country.Will sit until Nov.
Check out Maine today .com
Another article ran a week ago in the Morning Sentinel.
Search FEMA Ice ....

FEMA Wasting My Money

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-11-02          118820

I got to buy me an Ice Truck!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This