Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydrostatic Fluid Options for 7235

View my Photos
blacksheep6
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2022-07-09          201214

I have a new to me CC 7235 and want to replace all the fluids and filters and get a baseline for future PM. In the Operators Manual specs say 23.2 qts of STOU oil. In the Tune-up Spec Sheet I have it says 23.2 qts of part 7037-3025 (which comes back to a 1 qt bottle of Cub Cadet Hydraulic/
Transmission Fluid for $9.07 ea). I can't find any specs on the CC fluid. I can't seem to find any STOU. Does anyone have any recommendations on a more economical fluid for the Hydrostatic Transmission?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
chashm

2022-07-11          201216

STOU - Super Tractor Oil, Univeral. The idea was that you would need to stock only one oil that could be used for all purposes in the tractor - engine oil, hydraulic fluiid, gear lubricant, etc. This was to address problems where the wrong fluid was put in the wrong part of the tractor, a risk if you have barrels sitting around and less than attentive maintenance staff.

No, you don't need to pay $9.07/qt for hydraulic oil. BTW, the MTD/CC part number for a 5 gallon pail is 737-3035, $131.76 from Cub Cadet (but still $6.55/qt). The Owners Manual also lists PNs for 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon containers.

As this tractor has wet brakes and hydrostatic drive, you don't want the cheapest hydraulic fluid which is fine for a log splitter, say.
I use Tractor Supply's Traveler brand Premium Universal Trans/Hydraulic Fluid, about $60/5 gallons.

You should be able to find filters - mine are usually WIX - that are cheaper than MTD/CC's. ....

View my Photos
blacksheep6

2022-07-11          201217

Thanks, $60 for 5 gallons is certainly a little more reasonable. I appreciate the info on the filters as well! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login