Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 6284 Hydraulic problems

View my Photos
bigangelman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-26          164370

My trusty cub has developed a problem after I mowed some really tall grass. I over loaded the mid mount mower and now I do not have any power at any of the pto's, fel or the power steering. I've never been able to find a service manual for this tractor and I'm kind of puzzled at where to start to look. I'm thinking it's not the clutch that engauges the pto's because when everything was working I would still have power steering and fel with the tractor running. So I am thinking there must be 2 hyrdo pumps I can still drive normally.
Help!

Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-26          164376

Know nothing about this tractor but have you check the hyd oil to see if that is the issue with the power steering and fel? Don't think a hyd pump will run off of the clutch but do you have hyd engaged PTO if so an issue in the hyd system I guess could affect all of this.

Does your lift work? ....

View my Photos
bigangelman

2009-07-30          164493

None of the hydraulics work other than the drive system. (pto's, 3 point lift or FEL) Fluid level is ok and no sign of leakage.

Tom ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-31          164513

Hopefully some one who knows this tractor will chime in but that sounds as if filters failed due to heat or such or line collasped or something happened to a pump or a valve. Sorry I have no other idea for you. ....

View my Photos
boltboss

2009-08-17          165021

I recently posted a service bulletin and additional information about replacing the style of hydro filter on 6000 and 7000 Cubs at http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=87114. I don't know if this is related to the problem you are encountering but perhaps it is a good place to start.

I will tell you that I ordered the filter and adapter from R. F. Houtz & Son in Elburn, IL and they shipped it right out. They can be reached at 630-365-6551 and they seemed very helpful and willing to talk so perhaps they would be able to help you more.

I experienced a brief loss of power steering and forward drive after a long period of bush hogging. In my case the problem went away after a few moments, but I did notice that it seemed to occur mostly after very hard (almost to lock) turning. I have checked my hydro fluid level and it is fine. I am wondering if the problem is related to foaming of the hydro fluid, though that would not explain why your power has not come back.

Please keep us posted to anything that you find out. I would like to learn as much about this as possible. I am happy with my Cub but I want to do everything I can to keep it working well for a long time to come.

JN ....

View my Photos
boltboss

2009-09-11          165581

I recently installed new hydraulic filters (including the upgrade #723-3071 filter for the 25 hour first service interval. I only added new fluid to replace what was lost during the filter changes.

It might be my imagination but the tractor does seem to drive and work better - particularly the three point lift.

I strongly recommend that if you have not upgraded to the new reverse flow filter model using the #CC-566 adapter housing that you do so. You can order the parts from R.F. Houtz & Son in Elburn, IL - Ph: 630-365-6551. They are very helpful folks.

JN ....

View my Photos
jacubcadet

2010-07-15          172316

I also have a Cub Cadet 6284 tractor and read about problem with the PTO. The PTO unit on these tractor runs off a shaft direct from the hydrostatic pump. There is a clutch for the PTO in the rear of the housing. There have been problems with the through shaft that drives the PTO breaking. I am a Cub Cadet Yanmar dealer and I will be glad to sent you a brake down on the PTO and hydro unit. email me @ alstonlt@bellsouth.net ....

View my Photos
bigangelman

2010-07-15          172323

Yes I learned about about it when I fixed it.
Thanks for the offer
Tom ....

View my Photos
boltboss

2010-07-23          172526

"I am a Cub Cadet Yanmar dealer and I will be glad to sent you a brake down on the PTO and hydro unit."

Jacubcadet,

Is this something you can share with other 6284 owners? I have a 6284 and while I have not had the types of problems that some others have reported I would like to get as much information as possible on the PTO and hydro unit so that I can perhaps perform some preventative measures and also be prepared in the event that I too have problems one of these days. Anything you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks!

JN ....

View my Photos

2019-08-26          198713

I am looking for a motir shaft , part number 711_1339 for my 2008 6284D. If u have any info please call 2486276937

Thanks Ted ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login