Go Bottom Go Bottom

Foton Euroloepard Tractors

View my Photos
zonta223
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-05          165461

Hi
Was just going to order a Euroleopard tractor when I read in this forum about the legal case with New Holland...
How old is this legal action.
It appears from comments here that all new Foton tractors coming into the USA are RED...The only ones I can find for sale in Australia are Blue.....should I be worried about being stuck with a tractor out of production????
Any info would be great.

regards
Bob

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-05          165464

Haven't heard about the red/blue tractor thing. 10 or so years ago John Deere sued an American company for telling the Chinese manufacturer to paint his (AgriCat-branded) Jinmas green and yellow. JD won, AgriCat went tango uniform. Didn't hurt any other Jinma dealers though. And it was a USA-only thing, didn't matter at all to worldwide Chinese sales

Short answer; even if the NH/Foton thing is true, there's no way it should stop production. The next batch of EuroLeopards imported to the "offending" country will simply be a different color scheme.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
zonta223
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-05          165485

Hi Greg
Thanks for the info.
Been trying to gey exact info of what went on but had no luck. Some sources claim the tractors had to have mechanical besides cosmetic changes????. I am only used to having 30 to 50 year old trctors. If I buy a new one don't want to get stuck with a lemon :-).

regards
Bob ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login