Go Bottom Go Bottom

Foton 2500 estate clutch problem

View my Photos
jeff55666
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-17          164996

I have a foton 2500 estate 4wd tractor, bought new 2008 has done 71 hours and the clutch will not work. when the clutch is depressed and i try to put in to gear they crunch. i have adjusted the external links with no success. before it finally went if i gave the peddle a few presses it would work. any ideas. regards jeff

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-17          164999

There is a rectangular inspection plate on one or both sides of the bellhousing. Remove one or both to view what's going on inside. Simple job, unless you have a front loader. Then one of the loader mounts will likely have to be unbolted and lowered, because they block the window(s).

Once opened, you get a side view of the clutchpack and throwout bearing. Depending upon which clutchpack you have installed, there are either three or six spring-loaded release fingers on the end that faces rearwards. Just behind them is a round casing, that's the throwout bearing. There should be only a very small gap between the finger tips and bearing face, Jinma recommends 2.5mm (+/- 0.5mm). That gap is adjusted by shortening or lengthening the rod that connects the clutch pedal with the clutch release arm. That's achieved by removing it from the arm and turning the yoke on its threads. Keep adjusting the length of this rod and reinstalling the yoke to the arm until you get the desired gap between fingers and bearing.

Once that's done, adjust the pedal stop bolt. First screw it all the way into the bellhousing. Then watch through the inspection window as someone else pushes the pedal. The idea is to adjust the length of the stop bolt so the pedal hits it just as the PTO clutch is fully released. That permits full clutch travel (stops the grinding noise), while at the same time prevents your foot from exerting excess force against those release fingers.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
jeff55666
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-17          165006

Hello Greg, thanks for the reply and guess what, i do have a front loader fitted so will get busy and drop the loader. regards jeff ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-17          165025

I was afraid of that when you said you'd already made the external adjustments. Cuz they're pointless unless you can actually SEE and measure what your adjustments are accomplishing.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login