Go Bottom Go Bottom

taishan tractor ts 304a

View my Photos
bemike61
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-27          151720

looking at 1986 hartford taishan ts304a 4wd tractor. can not find any reviews at all.. anybody have comments good or bad......are they easy to work on,,, can you find parts,,are they dependables.. thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

taishan tractor ts 304a

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-27          151722

You won't find any reviews either, KAMA/TaiShan were not aggressively imported until the late 90s. And the 2007 EPA mandates have already stemmed that tide. The majority TS models imported recently were 254 and 354 models. Some of the parts may be interchangeable with your 304.

Can't say about the engine though, you'll have to tell me what it says on the engine plate for that.

//greg// ....

taishan tractor ts 304a

View my Photos
chipuren

2008-02-28          151748

Wow, 1986? the tractor is over 20 years old. wonder how many hours. This tractor likely has a 2 cylinder SD2100 engine. we stock a few parts. some parts are not easy to get. anythign the chinese changed over 20 years, the old parts generally will not be available, they don't stockpile spares when they stop production of a certain design. fortunately they change designes very slowly. this tractor is probably almost same as current home market production, so there is the possibility of ordering parts from China (this process can take 2 to 3 months or involve expensive air fright charges) The biggest change is the front axle, front drive assemby, the main chassis is very similar to current produciton. the engine is still in production in China (last I checked) but has not been imported to the USA in several years. If it is cheap and works well, it could make a good tractor, heavy and strong chassis. If it needs repairs now, might be better as a parts tractor. Same basic tractor sold as McConnell, Dragon, and a dozen names I can't think of now... ....

taishan tractor ts 304a

View my Photos
bemike61

2008-02-28          151767

thanks for the info, i was afraid if i bought this i would not be able to have it repaired or find parts. just curious do you know what a oil filter cost or air filter. thanks
i do know that the engine is a 2 cylinder, thats about for now.
after i see it i will get more data to get your advice on the engine.
this tractor comes with front loader and a grader blade. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login