Go Bottom Go Bottom

Montana Tractors

View my Photos
jeffrey7281
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-18          126288

Does anyone know anything about this brand of tractor? I know they are made in S. Korea. Dependability, etc..???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Montana Tractors

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-18          126291

I did a little looking on the web and stopped to look through the fence once. They opened a dealer near here and another toward Florence AL.
They are a import company that is selling tractors built by LG out of south Korea. The engines are Mitsubitsi and Daedong. Mitsubitsi are sold here as grey market and new as Club Cadet. Daedong is sold here as Kioti.
I am not sure what the prices are like but would compare to the Kioti. What I saw of them I did not think they were as clean in fit and finish as the Kioti, Deere or Malhindra built in Korea.
Kioti is like Kubota in that it builds all the components for their machines. Only the largest have do not their engines but Perkins diesels.

Montana Tractors

View my Photos
jeffrey7281

2006-03-18          126294

What do you mean by "gray market"? This is my first time here. Do you know whether LGs are crap. I've heard some good and bad about the chinese or foreign made tractors. I do realise that almost everything is made outside of usa at this point. From what I've seen, the price of the Montana are in the same line as Mahindra. ....

Montana Tractors

View my Photos
jeffrey7281

2006-03-18          126295

I also found out that some of the Massey's have the Mitz. engine in them. I heard that the Daedongs were less than favorable. ....

Montana Tractors

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-18          126297

Kioti is something like 3 or 4 forth in sales in the US. I have not heard anything bad about the engines. Considering the volume of sales we have had relatively few problem posts.
The term gray market is used tractors for Japan or Korea which are imported here. Some makers have tried to limit or supress their importation as they do not meet the safety requirements.
I have not heard of Mitsubitsi engines in Masseys. I thought they were mainly Iseki in the compact range. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login