Go Bottom Go Bottom

Roadmaster Active Suspension

View my Photos
DeTwang
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-15          57715

Anybody used the roadmaster active suspension system? I have a late model chevy 1/2 ton service van that is overloaded and unbalanced. I installed air shocks which helped with the ride (swaying, etc.), but I need something to increase the load bearing capacity and level the vehicle back to original.

These look like a gret alternative to helper springs, but I'd like to hear from some people that have used them for this or similar purpose.

http://www.activesuspension.com/

Link:   Roadmaster Active Suspension

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-17          64149

I guess better late than never! I have never personally used this suspension mod. but I would think that if your current vehicle is overloaded this is not the correct answer. The rest of the suspension i.e. axles, brakes, links, and steering linkage were designed to carry and work with a given maximum load. This may address a sagging suspension or body lean, but the rest of the suppension components are still overloaded. Sounds to me like you need a heavier duty van or maybe a pull behind trailer. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-24          67008

I looked at these links and I don't really know why Roadmaster called their product an active suspension. I think that you can do anything that the RoadMaster setup will do by modifying the existing leaf springs. An extra leaf and perhaps an adjustment of the curve will accomplish the same thing without the addition of a dozen extra parts that could break.

The reason that I looked at this post is that I thought the active suspension my my H2 might be the similar. It is not.

The H2 uses a sort of air cylinder in addition to the regular springs, to level out or even lift the rear end of the vehicle. It is not an air shock, but is more like an air spring. This is a truly active suspension that operates on its own or with driver intervention.

There are much more sophisticated active suspensions on the Porsche 928 and some other German cars, but since the H2 uses a lot of GMC technology, it may be adaptable. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login