Go Bottom Go Bottom

Snow plow prep package

View my Photos
cef2lion
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-17          118043

A friend of mine is having me transfer his Myer snow plow hitch and wiring harness from his '05 to '06 2500HD. It has the snow plow prep package. What all does this prep package include? Is there anything in the package to ease installation of the wiring harness? I saw a bit of information on a GMC Web site that there is a plugged hole in the firewall to pass the harness into the cab.

Craig

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Snow plow prep package

View my Photos
JiminMaine
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-19          119561

I just assumed it was just a stiffer spring rate in the front to handle the extra weight. There can't be too much to it, considering the small price of that option. I'd also be curious as to whether it includes anything else. You'd think I'd know, got 2 trucks with it! ....

Snow plow prep package

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-20          119573

I *think* it includes much of the same stuff as the trailer tow group. Tranny cooler, largest radiator, plug in the firewall for wiring, ect. Most of this stuff already comes on the HD package, so... ?? ....

Snow plow prep package

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-21          119638

Both of the last two posts are really close to exactly on the money.

A lot of the equipment in the 'Plow Prep.' package is already on the truck if you have any or all of the 'Towing', 'Super Cooling', 'Payload', etc., packages.

As a result the cost is minimal if you already have some or all of the others.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login