Go Bottom Go Bottom

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-28          140090

Anyone want to talk me into buying a Gehl? Never thought it would come to this but my buddy offered me his 05 that has 300 hours of moving manure in his barns.
I am really after a price check. Any idea's on re-sale of a 2005 4840 Gehl skidloader with full enclosed cab and heat. Landscape bucket and forks, tires are 75% to 70%.
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-28          140094

Broken, Broken, Broken. What would the Blue (aka CNH Yellow) bosses say? hahaha

Gehls are nice machines--I hear they are pissy when it comes warranty. I know a guy here who bought one waaaay out of state, then the engine blew and they wanted him to drive 500 miles to repair it.

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-01          140106

We sell the Gehl's and have good luck with them. I can't say we haven't had to do some engine work but there was good reason for it. I don't know what the controls are on the one that you are looking at but my favorite machine is the 4640 with the two speed (smallest one with it) and the case controls so you can use the foot throttle. They have been good for us with all warrantee problems in all areas of the machines and they have good back-up for us to work with when we hit something we aren't used to. Three hundred hours isn't that much as we just got thru installing an engine in one with nine thousand hours on it. ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2007-03-01          140129

I can officially talk about the machine (I got the ok LOL) My buddy let a farmer take over his payments BUT the machine stayed in his name (kinda like a land contract). As crap would happen, looks like the farmer will NOT be able to out right buy the machine. He fell behind on payments by 3 months again! Says he is waiting for a check BUT also told my buddy that he called the bank and made arrangements. (Shh, the bank told my buddy that NO arrangements have been made and they want their money now!) All that being said, My friend wants me to have the skidsteer for what is left on the payments, $13,250. This is a 4840 2005 w/ aux hyd 3rd vlve full cab&heat with 335 hours on it as of the first of this month (feb).
How good of a deal is this? I need to "sell" it to my wife who has already closed her mind to it. Everything I have found on the internet looks to be like the machine is worth 17 or more? What opinion would anyone here have on price?
Thanks alot ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
Art White

2007-03-01          140132

Any chance it has air and two speed? 17000 would be about right with out, add another 1000 for air and another for the two speed. ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-03-02          140143

Do it!

Then go get it stuck, and go get over-the-tire tracks from tracksplus.com and ask for Sue and she'll take care of you---tell her Jeff from Earthwerks sent you. I'm a dealer-in-process (my terminology). You'll then have a machine not quite as capable as a small dozer. Trust me, once you get them or any track system you kick yourself looking back for every time you had to winch yourself out. ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
Iowafun

2007-03-02          140147

If you don't buy it, I think my brother might. He's been looking for a good used skidsteer for help around his under-construction house.

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-03-02          140150

Iowa, I have a medium sized backhoe loader for sale for $5500 just north of Ohio line southwest of Detoit if your BIL can spend about $700-900 putting two pumps on it. It has a 4-cyl Perkins 108 diesel, hydrostatic drive, front bucket is about 5'-6" wide, 18" rear bucket with new teeth, and a thumb--12' outreach/10' digging depth. It's two wheel-drive. I have put about $5000 into the drive pump and drive motor, rebuilt rear end, battery starter, rear tires a few years ago, rebuilt the down riggers, and the loader dump cyl. (seals). The loader arms need bronze bushings. I'll throw in a brush/firewood/debris attachment for the front bucket (cost me $250) that allows you to pick up about 3-4yds of material. It weighs about 6000 lb. I can send a picture. Gotta sell it. Next week when I get back to Michigan it's going into Tradin'Times for more. ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2007-03-02          140155

Thanks ya'll, I will let ya know what happens. The more I think about it, the more I think I can not pass up this if it happens to fall in my lap.
Thanks again
Tom ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-03-03          140157

Broken; I'm sure you have did your financial homework on the Gehl. I almost had this happen to me once on a small piece of equipment where some body was going to pay off somebody who was going to pay the bank, etc., EXCEPT there was another lein held by another financial firm whom the said "Owner" of the machine had also commited this machine as collateral for a loan on some farmland, etc., etc.. I really never knew who ever ended up with the machine or who got paid off, but was I glad I did'nt get involved. Anyhow you seem like too nice a guy to end up in a mess like this, check this guy out at the recorders office, all recorded notes are public information. Frank. ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-03-03          140162

I have known guys who play the "shell game" with the banks hiding the machine at different buddies' places while they try to buy time to keep it from the repo man. When the chips are down, you could be the loser. It's pretty simple to determines who has the lien: ask the original owner for the loan papers. If you can't get the original loan papers AND call that bank, PASS!

BTW, have you checked the serial numbers (VIN) on it with the supposed county of origin through local law enforcement? It may have been reported stolen, the guy collected insurance---and you could be holding the goods. And keep in mind that calling only one police agency may not be sufficient as not all have the same info--unlike cars which are a national database.

Also, call any Gehl dealer and ask them to run the VIN---sometimes legitimate thefts are reported to the (any) Gehl dealer so that when someone orders parts (and they are asked for the VIN---doesn't always happen) they're caught redhanded. My NH dealer doesn't ask for numbers but the Cat dealer does. ....

Used Gehl Skidloader

View my Photos
Art White

2007-03-03          140163

Most times all leins that are perfected are at the county court house. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login