Go Bottom Go Bottom

small chains

View my Photos
dutchhenry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-20          59848

Just got my Kioti delivered yesterday and am hooking up the mower. There is a plastic cover over the drive shaft to the mower and there are 2 small chains attached to the plastic shield at either end. The manuals do not mention where these go or what to hook them to. I hope someone can point me the the right direction.

Thanks
Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

small chains

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-20          59849

The plastic sleeve is supposed to act as a stationary shield and the chains are there to keep it from spinning with the shaft.

Hook one or both chains any place you can (but not on hydraulic lines and such)to achieve that end. ....

small chains

View my Photos
dutchhenry

2003-07-20          59852

Mark thank you very much for the information. What a GREAT site.

Thanks again.
Bill ....

small chains

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-21          59878

Usually you'll want some slack in the chain or they may pull off the ******* when the 3ph is fully raised. If they're pulled out of the plastic too many times they won't stay in very well. The shield just wraps a bit of slack around itself but you don't want too much slack either.

The instructions for my shafts say to lubricate most of the grease fittings and the ******* themselves every 8 hours. It did take me awhile to figure out the instructions (standard EC format in a bunch of languages). The shield ends come off the shaft part by turning some plastic locking screws a half turn and then pulling them out. A plastic ring that rides in a groove on the shaft part and those are what have to be greased. The plastic ring is split and simply spreads and pulls off the shaft.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login