Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anybody out there own an AGCO Allis machine

View my Photos
Tim DiChiara
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-10          28007

Hi All:Why is there not much discussion here about AGCO Allis tractors? I have the opportunity to buy a used AGCO Allis 4650 (40 HP) and am wondering if it's worthwhile. Does anybody have any experience with them? I'm a little concerned that they are too obscure...I need to do a lot of bush hogging (40+ acres), plus some small scale produce farming (tilling, etc). I want to buy one and only one tractor in my life, so reliability is my major concern. My budget is less than $11,000.Thanks for any advice--this is a great forum!Cheers,Tim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2001-05-11          28026

I heard that AGCO is the largest tractor manufacturer--at least by some measures. That may have been before the NH/IH etc. merger, but still AGCO is a big company. However, the company is mostly known for its Farm tractors and is less known for its compacts, which is maybe why not a lot about them is heard on this board. My nearest dealer is AGCO, and it is big enough to own their own transport tractor and flat bed. You see them going down the highway with loads of new or used equipment regularly. I do a lot of my implement and supplies business there. In short, I wouldn't think of AGCO, the company, as obscure, maybe their compacts aren't especially common, but the company itself is huge. It might be a good idea to see if there is a good dealer in the area and see what sort of support for a particular compact is available. Maybe somebody can comment specifically about their compact lines. ....

View my Photos
Norm

2001-05-11          28045

I can't comment on the tractors or the Co., but did happen to find www.agcoallis.com which you might be interested in. ....

View my Photos
mike millspaw

2001-05-14          28175

The Agco ST series compact tractor is the same tractor that is sold by Massey dealers as the 1200 series but painted orange for the Agco-Allis dealers instead of the Massey red. I have owned a Massey 1250 for 2 years and am well satisfied with it. I have a front end loader and a 6 foot mid mount deck and r-4 tires. I see that now you can get these tractors with either hydrstatic trans, 16foreward 16 reverse with power shuttle or 16 foreward 16 reverse with manual shuttle. Mine is a manual shuttle which suits me fine as it is syncro shuttle and I am a firm believer in the KISS principal ( Keep It Simple Stupid) ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-05-16          28242

The 40 hp Massey would translate into either an 1250 or a 1165. The 1165 is the better tractor but a little big for lawn work. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login