Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rotary Mower

View my Photos
richard james allen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-04          18530

Does anyone have information (pro/con) on the quality of a JD 613 Rotary Mower? One JD dealer is telling me that the JD mowers are not made well and that a LandPride would be a better buy. (The LandPride model however was $300 more expensive than the JD613) Thanks, Rich.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rotary Mower

View my Photos
droz

2000-08-04          18532

I can't vouch for them by personal experience but, interestingly enough, my John Deere/Kubota dealer says the same thing, buy the Landpride and he says it is cheaper. Maybe you can talk him down in price. ....

Rotary Mower

View my Photos
Eddie Watkins

2000-08-05          18540

I have a JD 513. It mows fine. I have no brush in my pasture so I am only cutting grass and weeds so I'm not sure that is a test. I could use a finish mower if it were a little smoother. ....

Rotary Mower

View my Photos
Bill Gardner

2000-08-05          18543

A couple of weeks ago I took delivery on a new JD 990 mfwd and a 613 rotary cutter.I now have a grand total of 15 hours on them.I have neglected my brush hogging the last several years,so I have been giving the tractor and brush hog a good working out.So far they have both performed perfect.BILLG ....

Rotary Mower

View my Photos
Darryl Gesner

2000-08-07          18576

I have a JD 513 cutter that I bought this spring. The 413 through 613 are light duty cutters. I have under ten hours on mine and I was marveling over the weekend at how beat up I've managed to get it in that amount of time. The biggest problem is that the metal in the rear is getting bent outward from snagging on stumps and rocks. There are also many dents in the sides from bits of rock flying into them. It looked heavy enough to me when I bought it, but now I wish I'd bought a medium duty cutter. Keep in mind that it's getting pretty heavy use for a light duty cutter; I routinely cut rocks and brush with it. My rear acreage is a depleted gravel pit that now has 30 years of growth on it which hides rocks quite nicely. The front pops them up out of the ground to be processing into crushed stone.

Darryl ....

Rotary Mower

View my Photos
Jeff

2000-08-07          18587

Darryl,
I know exactly where you are coming from on that 513,I just bought a new JD 4400,and purchased a 513 along with it,the 513 is pale in comparison to a 40" King Kutter I pulled around on my farm for 16+ plus years behind a Mitsubishi 16.5 h.p 4wd. I have 38 hours on the 513 and at about 25 hours (at the most)I had to take my 513 to the local welder and we put some 3/8 inch reinforcement around the back of the 513($143 worth),like you say when you back into some brush,small saplings it wont hold up.You better plan on taking a hammer and straighten it out.The sides are showing signs of future trips to the weld shop.Rocks and chunks already are putting all kinds of dents frome the inside out,one crease on the top part of the deck follows the rotation of the blade and you can see some signs of seperation on the side of the deck,they only spot weld the sides instead of a continuous weld not to mention paper thin materials they made it out of.So far I am very pleased with my 4400 hydro.Yes I feel I could have went to Farm and Fleet or some where else and been better served dollar for dollar.Its pretty bad wheen you can take your hands and almost pull some of the dents out.I will have to say the 513 I like the looks of the cut it makes,but that is the only thing I was pleased with,about 1 more trip to the weld shop and I will have a heavy duty 513,yes I emailed John deere directly and told them about the 513.
Jeff ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login