Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need a Brush Cutter for a New Holland tc45da

View my Photos
trj2009
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-05          144371

I Just upgraded from a ford 8n to a tc45da and want a bigger rear mounted brush cutter and need some help.

1. What size of brush cutter should I use with the tc45da?

2. What model and company should I look at for use in Wisconsin woods where I want to be able to cut trees up to around 2 inches around and I want something that will last
and I can depend on?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Need a Brush Cutter for a New Holland tc45da

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-06          144374

Trj2009,

I lived in Wisconsin for two years, near Sparta. A good friend of mine had a few acres south of there, in the hills. His land, like yours, was absolutely covered with trees and other vegetation. He used a Befco mower on his tractor. A model that has a stump jumper built in is almost a necessity for you.

You might want to take a look at the Befco Stump Jumper model RMD260, or the RMD272.

The 260 is a 5 foot model (60"), designed for tractors from 40 to 80 horsepower. The RMD272 is the 6ft. model (72"), designed to be used on the same size tractors. Either model will work fine on your TC45.

I prefer the larger model, simply because the blade tip speed is so much greater. With two blades, each 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches long, moving at over 15,700 feet per minute -- you'll have no problem mowing down saplings 2 inches in diameter.

I also prefer the laminated rear wheels on these mowers. These wheels will last nearly a lifetime. They are all but bulletproof.

When you come up against an obstacle the Befco mower won't handle, the blades simply swing out of the way, rather than killing your tractor. Additionally, the drive-line on the Befco is protected with a slip clutch, which will squeal like all hell when your mower stops turning, but it will protect both your mower and your tractor.

No matter which make or model you opt for, I highly suggest that you focus on something that has these short, swinging blades. You can't go wrong with either of these mowers when facing the conditions you describe.

Stay away from any of the mowers that have just one, long, straight blade. Such mowers are not meant for handling these tough conditions.......and they can be very dangerous when the blades break.

Joel ....

Link:   Befco Mowers -- RMD260 RMD272

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login