Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus Hydraulics stopped working

View my Photos
mirsara55
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-13          171513

my hydrolics on my tractor stoped working and when i was looking it said to use motor oil in the hydro tank... i bought the tractor used and he doesn't know what kind of oil or hydrolic fluid to use. I'm not sure what model the tractor is but a do know it is from the 70's if anyone knows anything I can find out the model. Please Help!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-13          171515

We're a pretty helpful group, mirsara, but we'd need more to go on than simply that the hydraulics aren't working, and the answer does not necessarily lie in what kind of fluid it takes and what model it is. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-06-13          171516

You should be able to use any 10W-30 engine oil. Motor oil has the benefit of not foaming as quickly as a hyraulic fluid and has rust preventers in it. In the event of major fluid loss when a fitting or line breaks which is often, I use whatever is handy in my equipment which is new--quality hydraulic fluid or motor oil. Motor oil is very expensive compared to regular fluid.

But like auer said or implied, that may be the least of your worries. You can replenish the fluid, but if it still doesn't work or is weak or slow---you are too late---the pump is shot. ....

View my Photos
jesnic
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-11          172234

Clean the filter and check the bypass valve for stoppage. Make sure the tank is full of oil. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login