Go Bottom Go Bottom

Belarus Tractor starter problems

View my Photos
scotts07
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-05          155099

Having problems starting tractor!!! Is the starter suppose to have 12 or 24 volts to it? I have two batteries in the tractor and it only has 12 volts to the starter and when i try to crank it drops voltage alot and seems to drag when it does barely turn over. both batteries have 12.8 volts and they are wired up correctly so i am stumped...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
vladimirec

2009-03-08          160878

I see that is an old post but whatever it maybe halps to someone.Belarus electrical instalations are 12V.The thing about 2 batteries is that each of them is 6V and they are in serial==> 6+6=12V,nomaly.This combination is more durable,it gives higher currency and batteries live longer.If you have two 12 V batteries check connection.It is normal for voltage to drop under 12V when you turn on starter.Check all cables,starter bearings, brushes and batteries.Batteries should be >100Ah,should have enough electrolite and should be charged to full capacity because starter,particulary on that engine,drains a lot of current. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-08          160903

Vlad, if you would be interested in emailing a "pen pal" from Canada, a young man also studying electrical engineering, give me your name and email address and I will tell him. (He's very pleasant, the son of one of my students from decades back.) ....

View my Photos
jgedling

2010-03-14          169220

I recently went through this.
The grounding switch will get corosion in it and although you will have 12 volts the amps will not be there.
Remove the ground switch and take it apart. Then sand the contacts and put it all back on. this sould solve the problem. If not check all other conections again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login